Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrade from v4 to 5

Trying to upload a v5 site upgrade to a site that previously was 4.11

Everything seems fine (Actually completely deleted v4 site after 4 th attempt) except whenever you click on a buy button or do anything that seems to access the cgi files, it only works the first time.
    i.e. click buy and you get to the cart ok, click continue then if you try to go to the cart again you get an internal server error.
    cgi seems to be chmod 755 which I assume is correct
    v5 works fine on local iis server.

Had to upload the v4 so you wont be able to see it happening.

Any ideas?
    Alan Stanley
    www.stuff-uk.net

Hmm, it seems like Actinic is OK creating a new session (*.cart file on the server that corresponds to a cookie on your browser), but then has trouble updating the session.

The only thing I can suggest is trying a settings test ('Test' button in 'Advanced | Network Setup') and then see if Actinic tells you anything.

You could always upload your v5 site at the same time as your v4 site my uploading it to a sub-folder on your web server and using a different CGI script ID number. That would let us see for ourselves what is happening.

Comment

Upgraded v5.15 to v5.16 and refreshed the site. Everything now works fine.

I assume the problem was with a template that had been modified in such a way as to prevent the system working.

One of those things
      Alan Stanley
      www.stuff-uk.net

Comment

Working...
      X