Network Settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Network Settings

I have changed the network settings so the customers can be directed to the correct website. Once I have changed my network settings I am trying to Generate Website. Under the Advanced menu when the Generate Website is disabled(greayed out). Could someone possibly tell me why it is disabled?
    NCT

Have you got catalog processing enabled in the business settings?
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Network Settings

Jan,

Could you be more specific about Catalog Processing? Which function is that?
      NCT

Comment

If you select 'business settings' from the view menu on the main catalog menu, then select the options tab you will see a section called 'Allow on this PC' with options below it, one of these is 'Catalog Processing'. If this option is not checked the generated web site options are greyed out. The only reason that I suggested checking this is that it is the only setting that I know of that causes these options to grey out.
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud

A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Network Settings

Cheers, Jan.

It worked. Thank you very much
          NCT

Comment

Just out of interest why do you update your website manually?

Comment

Network Settings

To be honest Jan. I don't want to update my website manually. The problem is that due to the faulty network settings, the customers are being directed to the wrong page. In order to correct this problem my former manager (who had more knowledge on Actinic) has left the instructions to change the network settings and generate website on my machine. Once the website is generated copy the files under Site1 folder (on my machine) and paste them on the webserver where the live website is running. I have generated the website but we have found that there are more objects under the Site1 folder than there are under the acatalog folder. I am concerned about copying the objects. So we have a problem.
              NCT

Comment

Have you changed versions at all since taking the site on because this would change the number of files. I know of two reasons for generating file manually and then uploaded,

1) Faster file transfer
                2) Modifications are needed in the scripts before transfer

You need to check (if possible) with however used to be responsible and find out why this is done.

In theory it should be fine, automatic file transfer and manual file transfer should do the same thing, but then again it is the day before Christmas eve so catch 22 says that it will probably go horribly wrong it can possibly do so.

Comment

Working...
                X