This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EPOS wishlist - our own

resubmitted this thread - see below ....

So it will stay on the main page hopefully!
    Ciao
    actinico

ps sorry for any 'typing' errors or mistaks
    ;-]

Hi,

All the above have been added to our wishlist.
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

Hi
      Glad to know.

Regarding the import/export on different file type (as in most database programs), it would simplify your job as most problems I found were database related and impossible to manage - like bar code deleted but still held internally (invisibly to us) and the last I found when I decided to use barcode as Product Code and now I am stuck with it and lost a product that I cannot re-enter!

Export to Excel (cvs, etc.) type of file it probably covers most of computers as they generally have installed at least Works, which includes cvs handling etc. and save us that do not have and need Access, to purchase it just to use with EPOS.

If you do this (soon as a patch) - it will solve 50% of problems as we would be able to handle 'all' data - Tracey
      Ciao
      actinico

;-]

Comment

I DO TRUST ACTINIC TO SOLVE PROBLEMS SWIFTLY AND TO HOPEFULLY UPGRADE THIS VERSION OF EPOS - or I would not have invested our earned cash - I trusted the name and I hope you will be able to resolve issues promptly and without charge!

Hi
        I thought we ought to have our own wishlist on EPOS only.

If you wish so, please add your reply and every time you have a new wish - pleasead it on the same reply and we will keep it short and concise to our Actinic friends to work on.

1. program must be 'a lot' more customisable
        2. hardware should be too (do agreements with manufacturers and customize what 'you' sell - they will be happy, as you will sell their products more because of it
        3. possibility to export / import database in different formats - it should not be difficult - on EXCEL starting from '97 version
        4. settings too (as above)
        5. more category fields listed within the 'Add a product' window, so you do not have to do it afterwards
        6. make the program a 2007 one by raising it from the recommended 800x600
        and also be able to have the windows like 'View by category' spread within the screen facilitating work within it. The same for all other options
        7. DATABASE
        a. when on main window of Product file, be able to see 'all' fields - so they will be easily modifiable, when you have thousands to do!
        8. make program 32bit, so it will be resizable depending on type and resolution of customer monitor - at present it is on the old 16bit (nowadays we already are on 64bit) and does not expand with monitor size, only the background window automatically resizes to maximum screen and it is also not settable. Every time I have to reduce it manually, in order to be able to see other programs at the same time. If you reduce program window size and click on an option like: prouct details etc, it automatically resizes to full screen, very annoying when you are opening and closing windows all the time - for example doing stock taking or initial setup!
        9. Be able re-order in alphanumerically order - for example within Product File:

1. Suppliers, 2. Category, 3. Category 1,
        and anything else really.

How do you re-order the way you need a list?

Example in data sheet: 1. Barcode ordering, 2. Product ordering, 3. price , ordering, 4. cost ordering

10. In Product File 'Single Cost' is rounded to 2 digits after the decimal point
        Ex: I have a 0.0083 single item cost within a pack of 100 and program rounds it at 0.01 - unfortunately I do need to have exact figures to the smallest number. When you do stock taking, you cannot round numbers or they will not collimate with the books. Unless this happens only on the product file and it is only shown short and then the number is still as we entered it and the final accounts will be exact.

11. Enable [MOUSE] Cut/Copy/Paste to facilitate working with program - sometime I need to copy/paste a barcode I cannot swipe and do a 'Lookup'

12. In Product File 'when entering barcodes': If I enter in Product code 345-5667 or 345G-778/4 which is the product code we buy, then EPOS automatically fills the Barcode field (it copies the product code) that is fine, but it should filter all special characters and only read 3455667 or 345G7784.

13. In product File if you wish to change name to a category or just modify its name slightly - whatever changes you do (2.704 version) you will loose its sub-category names - that should not happen as we need once in a while to rename fields

14. on Product File, if you click on Add Barcode and add a existing one, you get a window saying: Error Adding New Barcode Invalid use of Null
        OK, but if you click on the OK button EPOS remains in a infinite loop and I have to shut it down!

15. On SALES (training mode) I input our supplier code (which 'is' listed in) instead of the barcode and EPOS asks me to input a new barcode! This should not happen and on SALES the database should also search for SUPPLIER CODE as they are on 90% of items anyway and if we have one item left with no barcode (we are allowed to miss one once in a while!) EPOS ask to input a new barcode which is not necessary and keeps our customers waiting.
        Please add this feature ASAP - thanks

I think most of the above points come out as simply modify the program in order to be able to set it as 'we' the customer likes it - depending on 'the customer' way of managing 'their' stock

Thank you for listening
        Ciao
        actinico

;-]

Comment

See this post hasn't been used for a while so either everyone is incredibly happy with the product, or perhaps no-one has seen for a while..

I would like to add the option to add postage charges through the check out when selecting a customer to make a delivery to. I note that the delivery charge and other delivery fields already exist within the database structure.

Comment

Hi
            Actually I am still using it with the same problems!

It is that I learned work arounds, but I still have a few problems.

One of which - accounting discordant as others had, sometimes a product is unfindable (but tit is there), etc.

Several small but annoying things.

The problem in my view is there are not many users of this program (!) and
            nobody has seen it since I stopped adding points - that keeps up and obviously Actinic do not make it sticky!
            Also I believe there are many of the few that use this program that are happy to pay them £. 600 x year to have assistance on 'mainly' program problems still not fixed, rather than standard 'user' questions.

It is a nice program, but to me it looks like it is still in its infancy, until somebody that know what their doing will 'finally' fix it.

I just keep going on with it and learned the lesson.

The other thing is that there is not a proper updating system for this program and every time you also have to visit their Downloads part of the website and find if there is an update.
            Then you must back up everything as this program is 'very' dangearous!

I still work with the 2.73v and I downloaded the lastest a few weeks ago, but decided to do it after Xmas - I do not need to go mad during high season!

I do also use MSaccess to do the small changings - it is easier and always work - but it may take time and every Saturday I use MSaccess and do a 'Repair Database' as this program keeps getting 1Mb larger during the working week and MSaccess compacts it well and keeps it working.

The most annyoing thing to me is the fact that it corrupts the database too easily (but that may be Microsoft problem - one of many!) and that is why it looses pointers to some products once in a while and cannot find it.

Ciao!
            Ciao
            actinico

;-]

Comment

EPOS should check windows regional settings on installation, and notify if not set as they should be - particularly date format which will cause issues with the database recording of transactions e.t.c If done in VB, a possible solution would just be a few simple lines of code such as:

Private Sub ChangedateLocale()
              Dim lngLocale As Long
              lngLocale = GetSystemDefaultLCID()
              If SetLocaleInfo(lngLocale, _
              LOCALE_SSHORTDATE, _
              "dd/MM/yyyy") = _
              False Then
              ' Handle an error if it occurs

End If
              End Sub

Comment

Hi chaps

Thanks for the input on this thread. I've made the post sticky, so it's easier to find, and passed on the details to the EPOS team.

Comment

Enable the rentals module again.

I would be very interested due to renting equipment. Would be even better if YESPAY did pre-auth on credit cards as "deposit"

Comment

Thanks James - I've passed this on to the team.

Comment

Improve screen resolution.
                      Tiny little epos display on lovely big 17"

Comment

Option to select templates that do not include the shop's details, i.e templates for invoicing and packing slips e.t.c than can be used with headed paper.

Comment

Thanks James - I've passed these two on to the EPOS team.

Comment

Option to select which printer for which task, i.e Receipt printer for recipts, a laser printer for invoices, a label printer for barcodes, a networked printer for picking lists etc.

Comment

After completing a sale the last sold item remains displayed above the "pay" button.
                              Needs to be modified so that end of sale, boxes are refreshed to blank again.

Comment

Working...
                              X