Replacing GIF buttons with "standard" buttons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Replacing GIF buttons with "standard" buttons

In the basket the buttons (update/continue/checkout) are all GIFs, but on the following checkout pages the buttons are the standard grey windows style buttons.

How do I replace the GIF ones with standard buttons?

[I'm sure I've asked a very similar question before but, a) I can't find it and, b) I think it was how to convert greys into gifs...]
    John

You made that change by following the Advanced Users Guide article on using images for checkout buttons ( enclosed). You will have to undo the changes detailed in that article..
    Using Images for the Checkout Buttons
    You can use images for the 'Next', 'Back' and 'Cancel' buttons in the checkout. This requires a little Perl customisation, so please carry out the steps in this exercise with care.
    To begin, open 'Act_Order00.html', 'Act_Order01.html' and 'Act_Order02.html' and locate the following HTML objects (near the bottom of each template):
    <input type=SUBMIT name=ACTION value="NETQUOTEVAR:BACKBUTTON">
    <input type=SUBMIT name=ACTION value="NETQUOTEVAR:CANCELBUTTON">
    <input type=SUBMIT name=ACTION value="NETQUOTEVAR:NEXTBUTTON">
    These are the grey 'Next', 'Back' and 'Cancel' buttons (note that 'Act_Order00.html' does not have a 'Back' button)
    You need to comment out each of these with HTML comments and then include in new HTML objects as shown below:
    Back Button:
    <!-- <input type=SUBMIT name=ACTION value="NETQUOTEVAR:BACKBUTTON"> -->
    <input type=IMAGE name=ACTION_BACK src="back.gif">
    Cancel Button:
    <!-- <input type=SUBMIT name=ACTION value="NETQUOTEVAR:CANCELBUTTON"> -->
    <input type=IMAGE name=ACTION_CANCEL src="cancel.gif">
    Next Button:
    <!-- <input type=SUBMIT name=ACTION value="NETQUOTEVAR:NEXTBUTTON"> -->
    <input type=IMAGE name=ACTION_NEXT src="next.gif">
    (assuming 'back.gif' is the image you want to use for the back button, 'cancel.gif' is the image you want to use for the cancel button and 'next.gif' is the image you want to use for the next button. These images need to already be in your 'Site1' (or equivalent) folder.)
    Next, locate 'OrderScript.pl' within your 'Site1' (or equivalent) folder with Notepad and find the following code:
    @Response = ReadAndParseBlobs(); # read the catalog blobs
    ($Status, $Message) = @Response; # parse the response
    if ($Status != $::SUCCESS)
    {
    ACTINIC::ReportError($Message, ACTINIC::GetPath());
    }
    Underneath it, copy and paste the following code:

if(!defined $::g_InputHash{"ACTION"})
    {
    if(defined $::g_InputHash{"ACTION_BACK.x"})
    {
    $::g_InputHash{"ACTION"} = ACTINIC::GetPhrase(-1, 503);
    }
    elsif(defined $::g_InputHash{"ACTION_CANCEL.x"})
    {
    $::g_InputHash{"ACTION"} = ACTINIC::GetPhrase(-1, 505);
    }
    elsif(defined $::g_InputHash{"ACTION_NEXT.x"})
    {
    $::g_InputHash{"ACTION"} = ACTINIC::GetPhrase(-1, 502);
    }
    }

Save and close the template and upload to see your new button images. If it does not work, there is an untouched OrderScript.pl within the 'Original' folder in your Actinic installation, which you can copy into your 'Site1' (or equivalent) folder.
    Kind regards,
    Bruce King
    SellerDeck

Comment

Nope, in v7 if you set up a new site with all the defaults the buttons in the Basket are graphics see attachment...
      Attached Files
      John

Comment

Ok, edit the cart template, Act_ShoppingCart.html with notepad or dreamweaver
        look for <Actinic:REMOVE TAG="UpdateButton"> and you should see this code
        <Actinic:REMOVE TAG="UpdateButton">
        <!-- <INPUT TYPE="SUBMIT" NAME="ACTION" VALUE="NETQUOTEVAR:UPDATEBUTTON"> -->
        <INPUT TYPE="IMAGE" NAME="ACTION_UPDATE" SRC="update.gif" ALT="NETQUOTEVAR:UPDATEBUTTON">
        </Actinic:REMOVE>
        <Actinic:REMOVE TAG="UpdateButtonDisabled">
        <!-- <INPUT TYPE="SUBMIT" NAME="ACTION" VALUE="NETQUOTEVAR:UPDATEBUTTON" DISABLED> -->
        <INPUT TYPE="IMAGE" NAME="ACTION_UPDATE" SRC="update.gif" ALT="NETQUOTEVAR:UPDATEBUTTON" DISABLED>
        </Actinic:REMOVE>

....etc
        You will now need to comment out the current HTML line
        <INPUT TYPE="IMAGE" NAME="ACTION_UPDATE" SRC="update.gif" ALT="NETQUOTEVAR:UPDATEBUTTON">
        and uncomment the line of HTML above which is currently commented out so they look liek the following example
        <INPUT TYPE="SUBMIT" NAME="ACTION" VALUE="NETQUOTEVAR:UPDATEBUTTON">
        <!-- <INPUT TYPE="IMAGE" NAME="ACTION_UPDATE" SRC="update.gif" ALT="NETQUOTEVAR:UPDATEBUTTON"> -->

... and so on
        Kind regards,
        Bruce King
        SellerDeck

Comment

yes that's what I wanted to do! thanks.
          John

Comment

even better! the gif 'continue' kept returning me to the home page, but the 'grey' returns me to where I was before...
            John

Comment

Working...
            X