BST Song and Dance

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BST Song and Dance

Twice a year we have this stupid nonsense where we manually have to update the perl scripts for them to show the correct time. It's always a huge faff.

Today, on 16.03, I simply cannot get the AUG instructions to work AT ALL.

Bear in mind I've been doing this since 2008, I can't begin to see what's gone wrong.
    Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Finally, finally. The AUG is woefully inadequate. You have to change EVERY mention of
    Code:
    gmtime(time);
    to
    Code:
    gmtime(time + 1 * 60 * 60);
    There are two in ACTINIC.pm and three in OrderScript.pl

Please could the AUG be changed to reflect this.
    Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

We switched to Sellerdeck hosting, and their server is set to GMT...

We will have to do this fix also - I was going to query the second instance of gmt(time) in the OrderScript.pl

- but you have answered my question.

I'm going to have to do another bat file to run for this BST / GMT

- I wish Sellerdeck will implement AUG stuff into Sellerdeck itself...
      - having to spend extra time to edit the scripts/reports (for x amount of sites) after a Sellerdeck update is getting very annoying

Thank you.

Comment

SellerDeck site level variables work in scripts like ACTINIC.pm.

So you could create a Variable "TimeAdjustSeconds" maybe set as a list of Choices (0, 3600).
        And use:
        Code:
        gmtime(time + <actinic:variable name="TimeAdjustSeconds" />);
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

I see what you've done, it's great.

There is another edit associated with this:

editing:
          GMT : sprintf(" %2.2d:%2.2d GMT", $nHour, $nMin);
          BST : sprintf(" %2.2d:%2.2d BST", $nHour, $nMin);

I guess the same change also, something like?

Code:
          sprintf(" %2.2d:%2.2d "<actinic:variable name="TimeZoneAbbreviation" />, $nHour, $nMin);
          with choices : GMT and BST

What would be better to link the two... is it possible?

Comment

I've noticed a problem...

So changes in the code = Confirmation email sent from the server = correct = good.

But, default emails sent from Sellerdeck Program shows the time in BST but has "GMT" described.

The default emails are using the Actinic Variable : OrderData

I believe the OrderData variable is a system variable and cannot be modified.
            see : http://community.sellerdeck.com/showthread.php?t=25785

The default variable shows:

Order status
            Shipping method
            Payment Status
            Date & time received
            Payment method

Is it possible to create a new variable and do it ourselves?

Comment

You're correct - you can't change GMT in that situation. It's very annoying. I would like to be able to eliminate it completely.

Comment

I asked if the individual variables can be made available so I can format the email without using that variable (like the online email solutions for "Adding Extra Fields in the Customer Email" in the Advanced Guide)

My support ticket on this was closed today without an answer on the above

- not a bug, so no bug number...

Probably will never be fixed

For us it is correct 50% of the year... GMT (correct) > BST (wrong) > GMT (correct)
                but won't be suitable for anyone outside of GMT, eg USA's EST / PST will be completely wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by zgap111 View Post
                  My support ticket on this was closed today without an answer on the above
                  This is unacceptable. It must have been done in error, surely.

Comment

I'm not surprised, as it's not the first time it's happened...

I'm sure there's a solution, surely we should be able to add variables to offline emails

Order status
                    Shipping method
                    Payment Status
                    Date & time received
                    Payment method

We are stuck in using <actinic:variable name="OrderData"/> in the offline email for those data.

<actinic:variable name="DateShipped"/> also does not work

eg. I can add a tracking number to an offline email, but you can't add the shipping date - a quick email confirming tracking and shipping requires you to manually enter the shipping date in.

In this ticket's case, whenever we send an email, we need to manually correct the "GMT" to whatever it should be. It's another annoying "extra thing to do" - which is slowly building up (eg.a recent one : SQL version : comment field is greyed for cheque/cash sent/received and void - if you receive a BACS receipt and want to add a comment, you can't - you need to change to another payment method, then add the comment, then change it back to the correct.. an old one - never been fixed : we can't add a handling fee to a specific order, you have to add a value in Business Settings, get back to the order, amend the value so it's different, then go back to Business Settings to revert, then back to the order amend for correct value...)

If tracking number data can be pulled out of an order, why can't the other information?

Comment

Working...
                    X