Site test please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Site test please

Hi, I would appreciate if someone could test a site by putting items in basket and following the checkout until payment as the site seems to be really slow for me. You can put xxx in fields.

The site is www.supplementwarehouse.co.uk

Thanks

Yep really slow for me, adding to cart is enough to make me leave. Make sure you are not skimping on poor hosting, with that much code on a page, you need top hosting, working very fast. Your menu will be adding a huge amount of html in the background. Make sure you have no coding errors too, some weird underlining going on, usually a sign of incorrect coding.

PS all those brands and no SiS?

Comment

Server processing speeds through the CGI-BIN are particularly slow on your site.
      Your hosting company should really be checking the required Actinic server modules are installed to ensure the fastest possible processing.
      The checkout should almost be as fast as the HTML pages when they are served!
      Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
      Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
      SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

Who are you hosting with? If its GoDaddy, cancel it and never visit there site again.

I use Actinics hosting and im very pleased.

Its fast, UK based, Checkout pages work well, and we are getting orders in most days already.

Sage pay works perfect with Actinics hosting too, something that you can have problems with using other hosting.

Be careful picking hosting, companys like 1&1 use servers in Germany, GoDaddy use Dutch servers, you want fast, reliable UK based servers.

Im not an expert but i hope that helps.

Comment

I am hosting with Host-It.co.uk. I noticed that this problem started when I created 1000 single use coupons.

Comment

CGI scripts are taking an age to run - you must sort this otherwise every prospect will drop out before even seeing the cart.

Comment

Have tried removing them again?

Comment

It seems that the problem was the coupon codes because I have now deleted all the coupon codes and it works fine.

Comment

Anyone got any idea why this would happen as I would want to create single use coupon codes for future use.

Comment

Your hosting could be a restriction. You could try uploading fewer perhaps. There will always be a trade off with speed vs the number of codes.

Comment

I don't think there should be that sort of impact with single-use coupon codes.

I'll take a look.

Hugh
                      CTO - Actinic Software Ltd.
                      Hugh Gibson
                      CTO - Sellerdeck, part of ClearCourse

Comment

Originally posted by hgibson View Post
                        I don't think there should be that sort of impact with single-use coupon codes.

I'll take a look.

Hugh
                        CTO - Actinic Software Ltd.
                        8 Years between posts Hugh! Wow! That's some kind of forum record?
                        Back full-time with Actinic?

Foyowa,
                        For what it's worth I did a quick comparison on our own hosting with a default Actinic site. Without any coupons it was super fast through the checkout. After generating and uploading 1000 coupon codes it was just as super fast.
                        Then I added another single use coupon with 100,000 codes, uploaded and....... still just as fast.

You can play on this test site on teclan's hosting here:
                        http://www.teclan.net/demos/breadcrumb/acatalog/Cameras.html

I'd still be looking at a possible hosting issue. Maybe permissions, or some cgi-bin server-side processing issue with files of certain sizes etc.
                        PM me if you'd like to try the site on other temporary hosting to at least rule the hosting out.
                        Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
                        Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
                        SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

Originally posted by fergusw View Post
                          8 Years between posts Hugh! Wow! That's some kind of forum record?
                          Back full-time with Actinic?
                          I was quite pleased that I found my old account; even more pleased that I remembered the password! And also pleased that someone remembered me from the old days (for those that don't know I worked with Actinic from very early times through to about 2002).

I've been back with Actinic for about a year now, helping to deliver some V11 features and planning for the future. I've just been promoted to CTO but I'll continue getting my hands dirty in code.

Originally posted by fergusw View Post
                          Foyowa,
                          For what it's worth I did a quick comparison on our own hosting with a default Actinic site. Without any coupons it was super fast through the checkout. After generating and uploading 1000 coupon codes it was just as super fast.
                          Then I added another single use coupon with 100,000 codes, uploaded and....... still just as fast.

You can play on this test site on teclan's hosting here:
                          http://www.teclan.net/demos/breadcrumb/acatalog/Cameras.html

I'd still be looking at a possible hosting issue. Maybe permissions, or some cgi-bin server-side processing issue with files of certain sizes etc.
                          PM me if you'd like to try the site on other temporary hosting to at least rule the hosting out.
                          Thanks for that Fergus; very helpful.

Hugh
                          CTO - Actinic Software Ltd
                          Hugh Gibson
                          CTO - Sellerdeck, part of ClearCourse

Comment

Working...
                          X