"Error in Catalog order"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Error in Catalog order"

Last Friday, the website was working perfectly - on Monday I had massive issues. All the orders placed had come through as errors (relating to OrderLock.num) and the website wouldn't update without giving me permission errors.

I sent a query to Actinic on Monday, and I'm still waiting for a solution - whilst this is happening, my seniors are getting annoyed with me and the orders we are losing.

So I decided to get on the forums and have a good look.

It turns out that my Order.num file didnt exist, and was stuck as an OrderLock.num file. As per the forum, I deleted OrderLock.num, set permissions of Backup.num and made an order on the site to test it. This worked fine!

However, when I changed the permissions of Backup.num back to 600, the problem came back. So for now, I've got them set up as 777 - and I'm not sure if this is a security risk or not?

Also, I'm still having issues updating the website as I get permissions messages come up (it states what permissions the acatalog and cgi folders should be, which are correct).

I tried to log onto the FTP server, and I'm getting "Could not connect to server" issues some of the time...

I don't know if this is an actinic issue, or if possibly there's issues with the hosting that would have effected the website?

Please advise.

P.S. I'm new to Actinic, I've taken over from someone else who put the site together and is no longer in the company.

It sounds like permissions problems which are going to be hosting / server related.

What permissions have you set for the acatalog and cgi-bin directory? Generally, they should be 755 but sometimes 777 is needed as hosts sometimes have odd ownership settings for the scripts.

Are you on a unix or windows server? Windows is sometimes more troublesome for getting the permissions right.

Lastly, who are your hosts? Most of the major companies work fine with Actinic so that might also have a bearing on where the problem lies.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Thanks for your reply

acatalog is 777 and the cgi-bin is 755

the host is names.co.uk

I'm afraid I don't know what OS the server is yet - I'm trying to find out at the moment!

Comment

I've contacted the web host and they claim that nothing has changed on the hosting recently.

Doesn't make much sense.

Comment

the information in the knowledge base, which I beleive you've been checking, is pretty much complete.

If that doesn't work there might be something corrupted in which case a full site refresh might fix it.

The access problems suggest there could be a bigger issue at work here. Hosts never admit to anything being updated, yet time after time it's been an update (or sometimes a rollback after a server problem) that's been the root cause.

You could also try using 644 rather than 600. Although i wouldn't wory about any permissions settings on the number files as they aren't executable files.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

I spoke to someone at actinic support who suggested I change everything under the acatalog folder to 777, which hasn't helped and my order.num wont change from 600.

What happens with a refresh? will the site go down or anything while I do this?

Comment

Hello Michael

Sorry to hear about the problems you are having. I have informed my colleague in support to chase this up for you.

Regards
              Krithika Chandrasekar
              SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Michael

My colleague in support is trying to chase this up for you. Could you please email Paul at pmsupport [at] actinic dot co dot uk mentioning your company name registered with us and/or the ticket number given by the team member you spoke with?

Regards
                Krithika Chandrasekar
                SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

Done! Cheers

Comment

Working...
                  X