Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A couple of issues - v9

Hi there,

i've got actinic v9 and everythings been working great up until the end of may when its all gone wrong. All of a sudden the website can no longer receive orders and when you go through the check out process there's an internal server error once you've selected your payment method.

i've looked through countless post on here about server errors and have incremented the cgi script by 1, refreshed the site but with no luck.

Also, just today when checking the network configuration its nows saying "You do not have write permissions to the cgi-bin directory "cgi-bin/" or it does not exist." after the test. It passes all other checks.

Does anyone have any idea what might be causing this?

I've got a 1and1 business package, running windows 7 and have the ssl switched off. Im beginning to wonder whether the recent changes to paypal, and a recent update to the 1and1 server has rendered my site now inoperable permanently??

My domain is www.purethoughts.co.uk - any help/insight would be so very much appreciated.

Michael
    Michael Houlden

Pure Thoughts Soap Company

Luxury Handmade Soap, Bath Treats, Skincare and Gifts.

Have you tried connecting manually to the server with an FTP client and checking the folder permissions?

Comment

Hi Duncan.

Thanks for the response, Yes, check using Filezilla permissions on the cgi bin are 755.
      Michael Houlden

Comment

It all seems to be working this morning? I placed a test order and got as far as the paypal login screen so there's nothing wrong that I could see.

Is it all Ok at your end?

Mike
        -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Hughes View Post
          It all seems to be working this morning? I placed a test order and got as far as the paypal login screen so there's nothing wrong that I could see.

Is it all Ok at your end?

Mike
          HI Mike

Thanks so much for trying - unfortunatly nothing working at my end on two differnent pcs with different browsers.

I've attached the error file from the server. Im totally confused by whats occurring as ive had 0 orders in a week which is most unusual.

All i get when i place an order is an internal server error after 10 seconds, on both worldpay and paypal.
          Attached Files
          Michael Houlden

Comment

Strange, now I'm seeing the same thing on your site, but it definitely worked earlier this morning.

I'm also with 1and1 on a business package but orders are still coming in so unless they're doing a staged server upgrade then that doesn't sound like the problem.

Also the paypal updates have been put off until next year so that shouldn't be the problem either.

The cgi-bin and stale lock error messages does sound like a server issue. The first things I'd try is opening permissions right up on the cgi-bin and acatalog folders and doing another refresh.

Do you get the test email when you test the network settings? Email problems are another thing that can freeze the checkout on earlier sellerdeck versions.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Hughes View Post
              Strange, now I'm seeing the same thing on your site, but it definitely worked earlier this morning.

I'm also with 1and1 on a business package but orders are still coming in so unless they're doing a staged server upgrade then that doesn't sound like the problem.

Also the paypal updates have been put off until next year so that shouldn't be the problem either.

The cgi-bin and stale lock error messages does sound like a server issue. The first things I'd try is opening permissions right up on the cgi-bin and acatalog folders and doing another refresh.

Do you get the test email when you test the network settings? Email problems are another thing that can freeze the checkout on earlier sellerdeck versions.

Mike
              HI Mike

Thanks so much for taking the time to reply. I've opened the acatalog/cgi files to 777 but that doesnt seem to help. When i do a network test(setting attached) it sporadically gives me a cant connect to via ftp or sporadically says i dont have permission to access cgi bin/ it does exist - however i ve just tested them again, received the actinic email no problem but when it goes to testing write permission tells me

"Failed to transfer a test file to the online store folder. (null)" - not sure what that even means.

Thought, damn now what going on - retried it and everything goes through fine , received actinic email and then received the network settings succesful message.

This is proving to be quite testing!! Website still inoperable.
              Attached Files
              Michael Houlden

Comment

I dont really get this as i've just refreshed the website and it still doesnt work on two different pcs. Flicked on my tablet and it worked straight away - how is that even possible?

Still not working for everyone though....
                Michael Houlden

Comment

Hi guys, thought I might try lowering php on server as per some advice on another thread, still no luck. It randomly work for a customer yesterday but no further sucess really.

Does anyone have any further advice?
                  Michael Houlden

Comment

No at work computer as at home so cannot look up on mine but there is a facility to delete and re publish sellerdeck on one of the menu's on the right hand side of the main menu so making a clean install on the server

Otherwise snapshot and open a new site and import snapshot and re publish to server which means you would have checked sellerdeck files are ok
                    Chris Ashdown

Comment

Hi chris, thanks so much for the advice, ive tried a few diferrent purge and refreshes but will follow your advice and try your approach.

It sure is a frustrating problem as it does work sporadically.

Does anyone think that 1and 1 might have changed some server setting that would make my site permanently unusable?

Does any else still use v9 on 1 and 1?

For some reason on the sucessful orders actinic doesnt register the payment in , its all v e ry strange.

Cheers,
                      Michael Houlden

Comment

Similar Problem on V8

I'm having a similar problem with v8 and 1 & 1.

There was a problem Aug/Sept last year where 1 & 1 had changed the PHP settings without telling anyone. After a lot of running in to brick walls it was eventually solved by manually changing the PHP setting on 1 & 1 server back to 5.4 as detailed here: http://community.sellerdeck.com/show...485#post349485

It's all been working as normal until yesterday. I've had a go at ordering and a 500 error occurs after clicking "next" on the payment details page (I'm old school and don't use a provider).

I've checked the PHP setting on the1 & 1 server and it's still on 5.4.

Odd thing is, I received an email from 1 & 1 in May saying they were updating their server and that I should ensure my scripts are compatible with Perl 5.2. I then received an email yesterday pm saying that the upgrade was complete and Perl 5.2 was now available.

Comment

Originally posted by Atomic View Post
                          I'm having a similar problem with v8 and 1 & 1.

There was a problem Aug/Sept last year where 1 & 1 had changed the PHP settings without telling anyone. After a lot of running in to brick walls it was eventually solved by manually changing the PHP setting on 1 & 1 server back to 5.4 as detailed here: http://community.sellerdeck.com/show...485#post349485

It's all been working as normal until yesterday. I've had a go at ordering and a 500 error occurs after clicking "next" on the payment details page (I'm old school and don't use a provider).

I've checked the PHP setting on the1 & 1 server and it's still on 5.4.

Odd thing is, I received an email from 1 & 1 in May saying they were updating their server and that I should ensure my scripts are compatible with Perl 5.2. I then received an email yesterday pm saying that the upgrade was complete and Perl 5.2 was now available.
                          Im so glad that your've posted - i found your post when this whole thing started for me 3 weeks ago!! I've not had an order since then. I even nearly rang your phone listed on the site as i had got so desperate.

I've tried EVERYTHING - purges, refreshes, i even paid extra to drop back to 5.2 on php - nothing seems to work - ive ranted and ranted and ranted some more at 1and1 they insist nothings changed and i keep getting this blanket response from them

"This is an update with your escalated case. Our administrators confirmed, It is a scripting configuration error or limits being exceeded, that is the reason why you are experiencing Internal Server Error. Please check your script since we do not support scripting issues. We apologize for the inconvenience caused.

If you wish to speak to a representative about your concern, please reply to this email and indicate the phone number, the time and date you would prefer for us to contact you, and the name of the person we need to look for if you would prefer to have us speak to one of your representatives instead. You can also give us a call anytime at 0333 336 5691.
                          "

There used to be loads of people on here to talk things over with but its pretty quiet now so i just dont know what im to do..... i only need to keep v9 operational until january as our new site will be operable then. Do you know if you can get temporary hosting somewhere so that i can keep going until Jan???
                          Michael Houlden

Comment

Michael - which version of Sellerdeck are you using?

Same thing has just happened to our site this evening (24th June from 5pm) (on shared server with1&1 Business Pro).
                            We are running Sellerdeck version 10.0.2 and had the server upgrade email from 1&1 today.
                            Now everything results in an Internal server error once you try to complete an order
                            As already stated by another, the same thing happened back in November, then righted itself
                            1&1 do seem to have a habit of tampering/server changes, without keeping the helpdesk briefed

Comment

Originally posted by fleetwood View Post
                              Michael - which version of Sellerdeck are you using?

Same thing has just happened to our site this evening (24th June from 5pm) (on shared server with1&1 Business Pro).
                              We are running Sellerdeck version 10.0.2 and had the server upgrade email from 1&1 today.
                              Now everything results in an Internal server error once you try to complete an order
                              As already stated by another, the same thing happened back in November, then righted itself
                              1&1 do seem to have a habit of tampering/server changes, without keeping the helpdesk briefed
                              Hi Im using version 9.05 - its been down for like a month now - trying to move to actinic hosting just to get the site back up - its proving more challenging than i though changing servers -

did you get your site back up?
                              Michael Houlden

Comment

Working...
                              X