Shipping Supplement - One per ORDER?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shipping Supplement - One per ORDER?

At the product level there is a 'shipping supplement' option, and also a tick box to only apply that supplement once per order for that product.

Is there an option somewhere to say one supplement per order for all products?

ie. If product A has £5.00 supplement and product B has a £5.00 supplement, then if someone orders products A and B I only want a £5.00 supplement applied...

Or do I have to fudge it using product weights?
    John

Hi John, this is yet another seemingly straightforward requirement that Actinic has overlooked. You can have my vote if you add it to the wish list.

Peter

Comment

I wish I read this this morning!

Spent best part of the day adding a new section to my site and have now come to the conclusion that it is not really possible to ship the goods.

It is frozen fish food, so must be sent on a next day signed for service.

There are 15 different "types" in a list and they all weigh 100g - So for instance if using Royal Mail Special I can ship up to 2kg for more or less the same cost.

I thought that by selecting the "shipping supplement once per order box" Actinic would indeed apply the excess charge "once per order" - but as above it doesn't - it applies it per item, so if the customer selects just 1 x product it is fine, but in reality people pick a mixture of foods, they could choose 10 x 100g but Actinic charges them TEN suplements, not one.....in my case having set it at £9.00 the charge for 10 is £90.00 - when £9.00 is enough.

Why does it say "once per order" when clearly this is not the case ?
      www.devotedly-discus.co.uk

Comment

Why does it say "once per order" when clearly this is not the case ?
        I assume because it's being set at the product level that it means once per order for that product. Just as when you set a price or tax calculation basis for a product these only apply to that product.

What you want can probably be done using shipping by weight but the details would depend on how your shipping tables are set up at the moment. Essentially, all you have to do is set a heavy weight on your special products to knock them into a different shipping category.

Another option might be to just specify the shipping category for those products as I'm pretty sure Actinic allows you to do that nowadays as well.

Mike
        -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Thanks Mike - supplement "per order" would make a complicated issue somewhat easier,and the software more user friendly, after all this is version 11.

The option is poorly worded.
          www.devotedly-discus.co.uk

Comment

Working...
          X