If you create a fragment within a section in SellerDeck ecommerce software, it is actually given a product reference using the next sequential number. This can be problematic if you want to specify product references rather than have the software automatically generate them.
The way round this is as follows:
- Ensure that ‘Auto Generate Product References’ in ‘Settings | Business Settings | Options’ is un-ticked.
- Create a product, or edit an existing product, with a reference so high you are unlikely to reach it by normally adding products.
- Then create a new fragment. This will generate a product reference with the next sequential number to the high number you just used.
- You can then edit or delete the product reference that you used in step one so it’s back to the ‘normal’ sequence.
- If you have removed the tick from ‘Auto Generate Product References’ in ‘Settings | Business Settings | Options’ then re-tick this.
Any future fragments created in sections will now use the high numbers, but the products will continue to use the ‘normal’ numbers.