Meta keywords incorrect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Meta keywords incorrect

I have included only a few meta keywords for each section, but for some reason there are a whole load of accumulated keywords in the meta tag online. I have set "Include Parent Meta Content in each Section to FALSE but still there appears to be an accumulation of completely irrelevant keywords on each section page.

Might it have something to do with "<actinic:variable name="GlbMetaKeywords" />"? Not too sure what this is. The condition is set to "GlbMetaKeywords" /> != ". Perhaps it should be set to false? But in spite of this there doesn't seem to be much rhyme or reason to the section keyword list.

If anyone can help with this I would really appreciate it.

Is this really a problem when Google now say that they don't use keywords anymore?

I no longer use keywords on any pages now as Google also treat keywords as a possible spam signal.
    Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
    Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

I tend to agree that keywords aren't that important for Google nowadays but there are other search engines out there and fundamentally, I believe Google would be stupid not to use all the relevant signals in their serps (and I don't think Google are stupid, far from it).

So I'd say Google might not use them at the moment, but they're still worth having.
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Buzby View Post

I no longer use keywords on any pages now as Google also treat keywords as a possible spam signal.
        Hi

Can you clarify this as i am not sure what you mean as any word in a short description or ref number must realistically be called a keyword
        Chris Ashdown

Comment

See 2009 Google blog post: Google does not use the keywords meta tag in web ranking.
          Peblaco

Comment

Originally posted by chris ashdown View Post
            Hi

Can you clarify this as i am not sure what you mean as any word in a short description or ref number must realistically be called a keyword
            Chris,

It is summed up in the link provided by Louise.
            Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
            Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

Working...
            X