Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Category not refreshing!

Hi
    I am inputting our stock and I decided to change a category name.

I did change it, but the program did not change it in the items I already input!

So, I shut down the program and re-run it in the hope that it would do it, it did not!

I am starting to understand that there will be many problems with the access side of it!

Although I have replaced the name of a category and it is listed in the category list of each product, it actually did not change the products that had the old name and still have the old name on, even if it does not exist anymore.

Actinic - I can see you have to do a lot of work here in order to get the program to an acceptable level, but do it fast because I can see many not happy with it very soon.
    Ciao
    actinico

ps sorry for any 'typing' errors or mistaks
    ;-]

D A N G E R !

I have now decided to use bar code number as Product Code.

I have tried our product number 1 and changed the product code with the bar code (same as).

Well, the barcode disappeared from the list and the product code is there!

If I try to enter the barcode, it says it exist!

Since I usually do things myself when they get (rarely) at this point with various programs, I cannot this time as this program does not Export or Import and you have to have ACCESS, which I never bothered to purchase since I do not use it and I use MySql online (better!), I am now stuck and forced to purchase ACCESS, but knowing as things are, I bet I will have problems with thi EPOS.
    Ciao
    actinico

;-]

Comment

Hi,

I've found that if I change the product code back to the original code and save, then close and re-open the product screen and go to that product and you should see the bar-code listed. You can delete that row, then change the product code back to 1 and re-enter the barcode (Add Barcode).

I hope this helps.
      Tracey
      SellerDeck

Comment

Hi never mind the below, I have found how to do it!

When you wish to change the Product code of one or more products:

1. Go to ProductFil2/DataSheets and change the product code on the Product tab and Barcode Tab
        2. Close
        3. Click on Products button and it will be there modified!

One problem I noticed, you will have to re-input the 'Preferred Supplier' wiyhin the Product File Record

=================

Hi
        I already did this using the ProductFile/DataSheet/Barcode tab and the product disappeared from the list (when you click on Products button).
        I then clicked on ProductFile/DataSheet and the product was not there too (obviously), then clicked on the 'barcode tab' and it is listed!
        So, I changed the product code back to its original one (within the above ' Barcode tab) and closed the program.

It still is not listed within the product list and it still is listed within trhe barcode listed products!
        In fact within the Products tab (ProductFile/DataSheet) we have 26 products and on the Barcode' tab there are 27!

Strange behaviour - it seems that this databas takes more than 'one and unique' reference point!

Anyway, if I delete the product from the barcode list tab, I can re-enter it again. Good job I am still experimenting and trying to do all possible actions, so I will know what to do.
        Ciao
        actinico

;-]

Comment

Working...
        X