• Show
Clear All

Same item sold in packs 100 or 10 ...

Hi
    I wonder if anyone can help us.

We have several products purchased in packs of 100 and sold:

1. in packs of 100
    2. in packs of 10, 12 and 15, ....

How do I list it separately and have at the same time a minimum stock and re-order quantity once only?

Example:
    We purchase one pack of sweets (100 qty per pack)
    Then I wish to sell the whole pack for £. 2.99
    A pack of 10 for 50p

How do I list it within EPOS?
    How can I output minimum stock quantity and re-order quantity once only?
    [only listed once on the re-order listing]

Obviously they also have the same Barcode!! Another problem, as we cannot keep reading the barcode and then type 0.10 quantity - if it works and it would be a different price anyway, so I cannot do this too!

It sound complicated, but I believe it can logically be done.

Any help?

Thanks for your time
    Ciao
    actinico

ps sorry for any 'typing' errors or mistaks
    ;-]

Obviously they also have the same Barcode!!
    A pack of 10 and a pack of 100 are vastly different beasts, and SHOULD have individual barcodes. A normal warehousing system reduces the product to the smallest possible unit (each) and codes that as XXXXXXX00 then steps up through the packaging variations - leaving room for later additions to the range. (example XXXXXXX05, XXXXXXX10, XXXXXXX12, XXXXXXX20 where XXXXXXX is the base product and the final two characters a variant number - which does not have to be the same as the physical quantity )
    Bill
    www.egyptianwonders.co.uk
    Text directoryWorldwide Actinic(TM) shops
    BC Ness Solutions Support services, custom software
    Registered Microsoft™ Partner (ISV)
    VoIP UK: 0131 208 0605
    Located: Alexandria, EGYPT

Comment

Hi thanks for your reply.

I usually always do list our stock as single item to facilitate accounts and sale by default.

Now with the barcoding system it gets more difficult!

I do understand what you mean, but at present I have listed a whole pack of 100 and then a pack of ten (I added 10 at end of barcode) and when I purchase them I will probably stock-in (if it works) for example: 10 boxes of 10 for the qty 10 and one box for the 100 - this way I will be able to decice which barcode gets more in (usually the 10) and hopefully get on with it.

We will see, I am trialing it (time permitting) and I do not think I will be ready for our stock taking by 8 January!

At present barcoding is creating me problems instead of solving them (!), but I believe as with any 'new' toy you have to learn to use it and 'invent' your own way of doing things, as soon as it works fine...

The main problem will be that when I purchase these items, they always are in 100 and have the same supplier code (not barcode) !
      Ciao
      actinico

;-]

Comment

I don't know for sure - but i think you can do this as a promotion. i.e. 1 unit is full price, then you apply a discount based on quantity. Email epos support - they'll be able to help you.
        Trying to squeeze my moneys worth out of V7 - but not for much longer!

Comment

Hi
          Yes, you are right.

I remember to have read initially about promotion items - it may actually be within the user guide.

Thanks
          Ciao
          actinico

;-]

Comment

Working...
          X