No announcement yet.

How do YOU post yours?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any of you guys running ebay stuff aswell?

Was thinking to process ebay stuff through the EPOS, adding the customers address e.t.c and just adding a new payment method of paypal for recording the transaction.

This means if we had a new ebay sale, then just scan the item, transfer customers details across, then select paypal as payment method. done.

This would then A. Keep stock level updated, B. Allow output to Sage from Epos with financial information of that sale, stating funds received in paypal account (I already have paypal set up as a nominal code Bank account in Sage) so would keep everything up to date, plus we get a copy of customers info on EPOS database for extracting for mail shots...

Comment

We put ebay through epos - but use a very simplified version of the way you suggest. We have a customer account called 'ebay', and then we put the transaction through on this account (much like we would a web order), using paypal as the tender. Done.

Personally I didn't see the need to copy all the cust details across - we can't use it for marketing as it would be without their permission, and I like, where possible to have an easy life (though that seems a long way away!)
      Trying to squeeze my moneys worth out of V7 - but not for much longer!

Comment

Thanks Nick,

yep, your idea is a much better way of doing it and much quicker processing, and makes life easier for tracking amounts of ebay sales.

thanks for sharing.

J

Comment

Working...
        X