No announcement yet.

Vouchers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fair point - it would be good if tere was something inbuilt within epos that can deal with this. I'd put it on the wish list - but i'm not sure i'd know what i'm asking for anymore!
    No need really. Just think of the vouchers you sell as stock. If you sell a voucher, leave the stock level alone ie -1. Then when it is redeemed later do the following.

1. ring off the sale as if it were cash, giving change as well if you wish.
    2 immediatey after, do a refund for a voucher using cash as the refund method. Leave the cash in the till obviously.
    Your till is now straight and your voucher stock =0.

So......if the vouchers are sold at face value and are used as tender for products at a later date.....we just remove the tendered vouchers amounts when entering them into our books?
    The advantage of this method is - the Epos is straight and you never have to enter the vouchers into your accounts at all. This is fine if you're using using the epos yourself, but i realise that you might not want your staff to have refund authority. But you could let them use the 'voucher' tender type and then do the refund yourself later (even the following day) and you can obviously tally the vouchers from the Z read.

There is also a way of entering them into your accounts if you want to, I use this method because I accept third party vouchers so I need a way of tracking them when they're reimbursed to me by the clearing house. I won't go into it here unless anyone needs to know.
    Hope this helps guys.

Neil
    Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be

Comment

Working...
    X