Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Epson TM-T88IV not installed properly!

Hi
    Now I am getting used to the EPOS program!

I have connected the very expensive Epson TM-T88IV Receipt printer and the DigiPos WD-202E(B) version 1.40 USB display.

This display allows connection of printer through it using only one COM port.

I have 2 anyway! I have connected to COM1 and installed the latest Epson Drivers using their latest ATM_302aE.exe on their website.

I have installed it as default on COM1 and left all the other settings as defaulted by the program and display lits up with a '1'.

I reboot to allow XP to read the drivers and detect devices.

When finished, the display start to show '1' then a series of up pointed arrows slowly one after one ...

Printer is lit as normally ready to print.

Well, it does not print (doing a fake sale) and display does not show anything but those idiotic characters!

Tried to print from a text file and it dose not print that too - I also tried it connected directly without the display unit - no change.

Checking the Printer properties in Printers & Faxes folder and it is installed as Port ESDPRT002: COM1 Epson TM-T88IV Receipt.

Drivers info:

EPSON Advanced Printer Driver ATM_302aE
    Version 5,0,4,0

EPSON Status API
    Version 3,7,0,1

I am an electronics technician and IT and I have never found anything so stubborn that this hardware to install! ... and I am in the IT work too!
    I can imagine how many of your customers, non IT skilled are probably getting mad in trying to work it out - never mind learning to use EPOS - just installing a printer and display is out of anybody's capability!!

I am already 3 years older now and grwon a beard! Still not able to use the £. 1,000 I spent.

Any 'fast' help? Good job I purchased it well before our stock taking - I knew it! Hopefully I will be able to do it in time or I will have to double work to do our stock taking and will invoice Actinic at my Tech. standard fee.
    Hope all this is not done on purpose - in order to get paid for help!

By the way, about your tip
    // Sorry, I should also have mentioned that when you are prompted, you should select 'CCO (Common Control Object)' and also at the end of the installation you will be asked 'Do you use Parallel I/F' and you should select 'No' to this.// on thread http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=23337

Well, it never asked it and this morning I run our PC and a window came out saying I had to reboot in order to have the parallel-I/F enabled !

...and still not working

Thanks

PS in the boxes there were 2 RS232 leads, one black with a 'RS232' + Power label and another 'beige' csllrd SL-502 - are they both connected in the same way? if not which one is the one to go between printer and display? Just in case!
    Booklets are just a waste of time!
    Ciao
    actinico

ps sorry for any 'typing' errors or mistaks
    ;-]

Hi,

Can you check in your OPOS setup what the Logical Device Names (LDN) are for your printer and pole display? They should be 'unit1'.
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

Hi Tracey

Yes, both of them are set as 'unit 1'

Thanks
      Ciao
      actinico

;-]

Comment

Hi,

What happens when you right-click on the printer in the OPOS setup screen and select 'Checkhealth Interactive'?
        Tracey
        SellerDeck

Comment

Sorry for delay, but I was very busi todays with iorders and customer's computer problems!

I already done that sveral times and I get:

Error occurred in calling the CheckHealth method:

Claim(5000) = 106 (0x000006a)
          ResultCodeExtended = 10016 (0x00002720)

I also checked its settings within OPOS and it is on COM1

Same with display

Thanks
          Ciao
          actinico

;-]

Comment

Hi,

The cables you have are the correct ones, so its not that. It doesn't matter which lead you use for printer or pole display. Can you check the baud rates of both printer and pole display, usually both are 9600 baud (you can check on the printer by switching it off | hold 'feed' button whilst switching back on | baud rate is printed at top. The pole display should show the baud rate when switched on).

Also, did you install OPOS from our installer as later versions of OPOS do not work with out software?

Finally, the pole display also needs to be set to ESC/POS - both Baud rate and ESC/POS are set via dip switches ( shown in the user manual supplied with both printer and pole display)
            Tracey
            SellerDeck

Comment

Printer is at 9600 bps, 8 bits, parity none and DTR/DSR transmission

Display is 9600 bps 8 bits

Initially I did use your 'older' version and then the new one!

Now it is the old one Version 2.50 UPOS 1.9 from your CD

Please note: I have just un-installed OPOS completely and re-installed it and this time (after 5 or 6 times) a window asked if we use Parallel/IF and I clicked 'no'

Problem remains the same.

I did check the Printer Properties from XP Printers and Faxes folders and the ESDPRT002: COM1 (were the oprinter has installed itself) - if you click on PORTS and the CONFIGURE PORT - you can see that it is at 38400 and not 9600 ! At any installation I did it was always at 38400 in the properties and 9600 in the printer!
              I tried setting it at 9600 (re-booted) - no change.
              I have now noticed that OPOS list it as TM-T88III while mine is a TM-T88IV and the printer properties also say TM-T88IV.

Its Relnote.txt should be attached
              Attached Files
              Ciao
              actinico

;-]

Comment

Hi,

When you re-installed OPOS:

- did you browse to the 'OposData.reg' file in 'c:\checkout\Opos(Opos250e)\Disk1' folder?

- did you select 'CCO (Common Control Object)' when prompted?

- did you select 'No' to 'Do you use Parallel I/F'?
                Tracey
                SellerDeck

Comment

Yes to all of them

I was trying to change the OPOS listed printer from TM-T88III to TM-T88IV (it should not change much) - but OPOS does not list it.

Also tried to Handshake them with same result.

I wonder if the problem is 'only' with the TM-T88IV !
                  Ciao
                  actinico

;-]

Comment

Hi,

I think we need someone to call you and go through it with you. Can you email me your phone number please (tgsupport[@]actinic.co.uk).
                    Tracey
                    SellerDeck

Comment

Hi
                      I the meantime I did the 'idiot' proof test!

I have installed the whole lot on one of my PCs and it worked!

I have now returned to the TILL pc and un-installed everything again.
                      This time I checked that everything was really un-installed and it works - the Handshaking only - I have not tried it properly yet.

Please note: I have discovered one thing thoug, when the OPOS installation is finished a txt file appears (if you do not un-tick before installation ends!) and if you do not close the txt file, the Alert Window asking if you want the Parallel'IF in use will not come out.
                      I usually kept it open! That is why I have never seen it and only once!

I will add more info as soon as I have done it.

Yes, but I can see more to come!

Case closed for installation only !
                      Ciao
                      actinico

;-]

Comment

Hi,

How did you sort out your peoblem with th Epson TM88-iv in the end. I am having the same problem I cannot see that model in the list when looking at OPOS

Regards,

Nigel

Comment

Working...
                        X