Cost prices disappearing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Noticing what seems like a bug in 3.10 (I have only noticed this since upgrading because of the account tenders issue.)

Since that upgrade I suspected that some of my product cost prices seemed to be disappearing. One of our products is CDs, and as the price of titles fluctuate with each order, I always check the cost price carefully when booking in each order.

To my puzzlement, I noticed that many products I was sure I had entered cost prices for before were now showing up with "cost price: 0.00, profit 100% (if only)"

Obviously this throws off all my profit figures.

Today I have been able to reproduce it, albeit inconsistently.

In the Products menu, I scan a product to look it up.

Once the product information is displayed, complete with cost price, I have managed to make the cost price disappear simply by switching between the "Suppliers" tab and then back to the "Main" tab.

I've tried re-entering a cost price, then switching back to "Suppliers" then back again, and the cost price has disappeared again.

Has anyone else observed this?

Hi,

Yes I have had this too, thought it was just me. Not tried the scenario you posted, but I have had a lot of cost prices vanishing and I know that I put them in.

Regards,

Nigel

Comment

Thanks for your reply Nigel

I don't know if this will help getting to the bottom of it, but something I've noticed since I posted earlier -

- I open product through Products button
      - Cost price field has a value
      - I click on "Suppliers" tab
      - Cost price/pack size fields on this tab have no value.

(I would have thought these fields should be getting their values from the same place in the database?)

- Click back to "Main" tab, cost price disappears from that screen

HOWEVER,
      If I click to "Suppliers" tab and enter values for pack size/cost price there, the value seems to hold when I click back to "Main" tab

Definitely seems like a bug rather than by design, and I'm close to positive I never had this problem before these recent upgrades, although I did upgrade from a much earlier version, so the bug may have been introduced by an interim upgrade, not necessarily the latest.

I am rather optimistically praying for a fix for this rather than having to click into and "fix" my 8000+ products myself.

Comment

Hello
        I have had this too,also on 3.07 but i have found that it only seems to happen if you haven't got anything in the supplier ID box under the supplier tab,as soon as you put in a supplier the cost price appears to stay ok on the main product page.
        Hope this helps
        Allan

Comment

wow, thanks for another quick and helpful response - used to seem to take weeks to get replies on here!

Knees, that sounds right to me. I did notice on clicking the "Supplier" tab that the supplier field would be empty alright. However, I'm pretty sure that all my products are assigned Suppliers, so I'm not sure why in some cases these are showing up on the "main" tab, but not on the "suppliers" tab.

I think in trying to get to the bottom of this I have also noticed some other strange behaviour that may be caused by the cloning tool.
          I use the clone feature a lot when I'm entering a batch of new products from the same supplier/same category. I assume this is why the clone feature was built in the first place - to eliminate a certain amount of the repetativeness in the data entry.

I have noticed on some of my products, on the "Suppliers" tab, the "suppliers description" field is the title of another product, probably the one this product was originally cloned from.

Comment

Hello again
            I find that the supplier ID field goes empty if i have changed the product code then i usually have to fill the fields in again to make the changes stick.I actually cloned some items yesterday,just checked them and they all seem ok maybe it only affects items done before the upgrade?
            I think you may be right about a bug though, i also checked some items that i put on by importing via a spreadsheet (before we upgraded not done one since) all the details were correct when i put them on but on the main product page the cost price and pack quantity are only showing as single items,go to the supplier page and the price and quantity are as should be,go back to the main page and the single cost price suddenly divides by the pack quantity from the supplier page so you end up with a silly cost price !!!
            Hopefully a fix will appear soon.
            Allan

Comment

Hi Gary,

Looks like it is a bug I replicated what you did and the same thing happened.

Regards,

Nigel

Comment

I found this to be an issue with the product import - it wiped our cost prices out. Wasn't the new release (beta) to fix this? The release notes for 3.11 indicate - "Modified Pack Cost in Product Screen is now correctly saved". I also found I could change it and save it but if I moved to another tab on that same product and then back tot he details tab, it would revert back to the old cost. To get around this i would change cost, save, exit and then come back into the product.
                Mike
                www.thebead.co.uk

The Bead Company is the largest bead shop in the UK!

Comment

Hello

This is correct Mike. The product cost issue is rectified in EPOS V3.11. It sounds like some of the issues listed in this post may have resulted from altering the product cost within the view screen or maybe the data sheets; this may have resulted in an area of the database not updating\sticking.

I’d advise an upgrade to version 3.11.

Thanks

Andy.

Comment

Hi,

Looks like the problem was corrected in V3.11. However, unless its just me a new problem has arose.

If you enter a cost price and then look up a product, you see the cost price there. When you then click on the History tab and back again the cost price has gone back to zero.

This only appears to happen once, so if you re enter the cost price after clicking on the history tab and back again, the second you click on history and back its still there.

Is it just me?

Regards,

Nigel

Comment

One of my customers is having the same / similar problem where cost price reverts to a historical value after visiting the product history - would appreciate a work around / fix.

Comment

Hello

Has the customer upgraded to the latest version 3.11?

Thanks

Andy

Comment

Working...
                        X