Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice on Section Layout Creation - Google Shopping Landing Pages

Morning all,

Just posing a question to the world - has anybody attempted to build a specific landing page for shopping feeds inside of SellerDeck, like the following: http://www.bestheating.com/radiators...la_prodid=3002

My understanding of this would be to replicate one of our section pages, I.E: https://www.columnradiators4u.co.uk/...diators-1.html

I would build a block statement which was controlled by the product SKU, which if a SKU is supplied, would display with the information for that SKU (I.E, pull its name, technical details etc)

Looking at how BestHeating have acchieved their solution, they pass their product identifier, in this case "3002" which returns the block displaying the single product.

Wondering if anybody has built similar to this,or has any ideas/feedback that could be helpful?

Many thanks in advance

Matt - SMR Bathrooms
    Matt. M - SMR Enterprises Ltd.

Hi Matt

You could generate something very similar to the BestHeating page using filtering. You would need to use the 'brand' variable ('Google Product Feed Brand' in Product Details | General) - enter the value 'Windsor' for all your Windsor radiators. Then create a new subsection, and do the following:
    • In the 'Filtering' tab, tick both 'Enable Filtering And Sorting' and 'Make Filtering The Default View'.
    • Change 'Section' to 'All Sections'
    • In the grid 'Where Properties Have Value', click [+] to add a row
    • Set 'Property' to 'brand (Text)' and 'Value' to 'Windsor'

Upload, and on the web site you should find that the section is populated with all your Windsor radiators.

You can use a Fragment to hold the code that pulls in the product details. In the 'Visibility' tab of the Fragment, make sure 'Show In Split And Filtered Pages' is 'True'.

For an example of filtering used a bit like this, see www.clubhousegolf.co.uk/acatalog/8Taylor-Made_Drivers.html

I hope this helps
    Bruce Townsend
    Ecommerce Product Manager
    Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Originally posted by brucet View Post
      Hi Matt

You could generate something very similar to the BestHeating page using filtering. You would need to use the 'brand' variable ('Google Product Feed Brand' in Product Details | General) - enter the value 'Windsor' for all your Windsor radiators. Then create a new subsection, and do the following:
      • In the 'Filtering' tab, tick both 'Enable Filtering And Sorting' and 'Make Filtering The Default View'.
      • Change 'Section' to 'All Sections'
      • In the grid 'Where Properties Have Value', click [+] to add a row
      • Set 'Property' to 'brand (Text)' and 'Value' to 'Windsor'

Upload, and on the web site you should find that the section is populated with all your Windsor radiators.

You can use a Fragment to hold the code that pulls in the product details. In the 'Visibility' tab of the Fragment, make sure 'Show In Split And Filtered Pages' is 'True'.

For an example of filtering used a bit like this, see www.clubhousegolf.co.uk/acatalog/8Taylor-Made_Drivers.html

I hope this helps
      Hi Bruce,

Thanks for your input, greatly appreciated.

Any idea on how we can get these fragments to show only when triggered by Google PLA?

And to display the fragment of the customers chosen product when triggered?

Bestheating seem to control it via the "gclidpla_prodid=3002" at the end of their URL, if anybody knows how to do this, that would be great!
      Matt. M - SMR Enterprises Ltd.

Comment

Sorry Matt, that's beyond my technical ability. One of our technical team might be able to implement something as a customisation, you would need to talk to your account manager about that. Or maybe someone here, who's cleverer than me, can suggest a method.
        Bruce Townsend
        Ecommerce Product Manager
        Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Working...
        X