Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Separate Shipping Costs From getCartItem(1) ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Separate Shipping Costs From getCartItem(1) ?

Is there any way to separate out the shipping costs from getCartItem(1) ?

We offer free delivery on orders over £50. In the website header, we show the customer the total value of their cart, along with the amount they need to spend to qualify for free delivery.

The issue at the moment is that this calculation uses getCartItem(1) to work out the current cart total. Which includes the shipping costs. So if a customer's purchases including shipping amount to £52, they are told that they qualify for free delivery, when in fact that cost is including the shipping charge.

Ideally I want to be able to display to them the cart total minus the shipping costs.

Is there either another call for the total of the shopping cart with the shipping costs subtracted, or a call that will let me get the shipping costs as a separate variable which can be subtracted from the total?

It looks like the Knowledge Base has the solution for you.

http://community.sellerdeck.com/showthread.php?t=45129

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Awesome, thanks a lot Mike.

In case anyone else is interested;

On looking into this further, it turned out to not be as big an issue as it first appeared.

It was raised because a customer (quite reasonably) took issue with being told that they were eligible for free shipping before they got to checkout - this was because their spend was over the required minimum. However, it included the shipping costs.

After looking into it more closely, it turned out that it was only an issue when the user had been through the checkout process and got the cookie stored for their previously selected delivery method. So it is unlikely to happen very regularly and to our knowledge we have only had this one customer raise it.

Probably will look into a solution, but not such a concern as I had thought at first!

Comment

Working...
      X