Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Permutation Checkbox Options

Hi everyone,
    I'm quoting on a new Sellerdeck site for a prospective new client and they have shown me a competitors site that they are looking to aspire to. http://www.theairguncentre.com/dayst...c-type-special . (Before anyone asks the competitor site is running on a platform which has a lot more bells and whistles.)

Once thing this competitor site does very well is the Additional Extras for the product where they use Check boxes to allow customers add multiple items to the product, enhancing the product and obviously the price.

Looking at the Sellerdeck options we only seem to have either drop box or radio box options.

My question to the community is why isn't there a checkbox permutation option in Sellerdeck? Is there a fundamental reason why the system doesn't offer this?

From an eCommerce standpoint surely allowing the customer to enhance their base product would be a valued enhancement to the software.

Has anybody out there had any success with this? If so I'd love to hear from you.

Regards.
    Lee.
    Regards.

Lee Jackson
    Creative Director

Centurius Design & Marketing
    Centurius Website
    Portfolio of Work

Hi Lee,

If I was doing this I would create a product for all of my optional items, then add components to the product for each one and link it to the actual product and set the pricing model to sum of product and components, this will give you the same functionality that you have on the example shop and you should be able to play wit h the layout to get a similar sort of look and feel.

Sorry if I have missed something here.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Hi Jan,
      So if I'm understanding you correctly, in my content tree, under the product I would have a number of separate components with the choice attached? Is that correct?
      Regards.

Lee Jackson
      Creative Director

Centurius Website
      Portfolio of Work

Comment

Hi Lee,

Yes, you need to make sure that the components are optional for it to work.

Once you have made one, you can copy and paste it all of your products, so it will be farily quick to setup.

I have attached an image, the inset part inside the black box, it a separate screen.

Regards.
        Attached Files
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Multichannel order processing
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Jan,
          Many thanks for you help on this. That suggestion makes perfect sense. Fingers crossed =)
          Regards.

Lee Jackson
          Creative Director

Centurius Website
          Portfolio of Work

Comment

Working...
          X