Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Store-wide Discounts for different product groups

Hello,

I am trying to set up new Discount rates for different Product Groups. I can't seem to figure out how to do certain discounts, so I wanted to see if what I'm trying to achieve is possible or not.

I know how to set up Product Groups (by adding sections/products) and how to apply store wide modifiers by using Customer groups.

1) Can I apply store-wide discounts to certain product groups that will be available for all users across the website even if they're not logged in? I want to display the retail price as well as how much they save on each product page (not just when the order is placed).

For example:
    • Product Group A: This group will always use Retail price so has to remain the same.
    • Product Group B: Want to add a modifier that will reduce all product prices just for this group (based on quantity ordered) and display it to all customers store-wide even if they are not logged in.
    • Product Group C: Want to give a 5% discount to all products in this group.

We've already entered thousands of products and their retail prices, so changing the price for each product every time we have a new rate would be an enormous task.

2) We have 3 different discount modifiers for each product group based on quantity ordered. I know I can do this by adding the reduced prices and min quantity within the 'Prices' panel of the product. Is there a way to add rates (instead of prices) that will generate these quantity-based prices?

I would really appreciate any help and advice you can offer. Many thanks in advance.
    JP Automation, Inc. Distributor of factory automation, process heat and controls equipment: www.jpautomationinc.com
    Dakswan Automation. Controls panel design & fabrication and special wiring and engineering solutions: www.dakswan.com

I made some progress on this. Sellerdeck shows the discounted prices in the cart. But is there a way to display these on the product page? Just to clarify what I'm trying to achieve:

The red arrow shows what I want the page to look like, but without having to manually enter this information where the blue arrow is (I want Sellerdeck to use the discount rates of the product groups and calculate this automatically for me).
    We've entered thousands of products (and our rates may change), so adding/editing the prices manually is not a viable option for us.

JP Automation, Inc. Distributor of factory automation, process heat and controls equipment: www.jpautomationinc.com
    Dakswan Automation. Controls panel design & fabrication and special wiring and engineering solutions: www.dakswan.com

Comment

Could you not do it setting up discounts surcharge section under marketing
      Chris Ashdown

Comment

Originally posted by chris ashdown View Post
        Could you not do it setting up discounts surcharge section under marketing
        I did set the rates in the discounts section (for each product group). But Sellerdeck seems to use that information to calculate the total price in the cart, not to automatically calculate and display the discounted rates on the product page itself?

Comment

I couldn't find a way to do this, so I assume Sellerdeck does not offer a way to list sales/discounted prices on product pages. I do not understand why we can't view this anywhere other than the cart. Discounts have been assigned to product groups, shouldn't there be a way to calculate and show these prices before they are added into the cart?

If not, this is a big drawback for using Sellerdeck. I want potential customers to see discounts/sales prices and entice them to buy from us rather than wait for them to add to cart and show them how much they save (which at that point means they're already interested).

Comment

Product group discounts can be shown on the product page if you fill in the 'Presentation' tab for the discount, but they are presented in the form of 'x% off this weekend' etc rather than changing the displayed price, as it tends to be more effective in encouraging purchasing.

I think the only way you could automate quantity-break pricing based on product group pricing is by using a SQL query to create the discount records for each product based on the group discounts. Any future change to the discount structure would have to be applied manually or using another SQL query. And you would still have to add the discounts manually for products added subsequently; but you wouldn't have to do thousands of products in one go.

That might be something we could help with but there would be a cost involved. If you contact Sales they could establish what that would be.
            Bruce Townsend
            Ecommerce Product Manager
            Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Working...
            X