No announcement yet.

Actinic v8 Beta Goes Live

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Try rebooting, if that doesn't fix it try uninstalling the ID automation true type font before installing.

Regards,
    Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
    Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
    A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
    Product Mash for Sellerdeck
    Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
    Multichannel order processing
    Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Originally posted by pinbrook
      a forum would be nice, as there is a huge learning curve here..
      I agree - as the BETA has been released it would be better for the Actinicers to hit the ground running when the final live version is made available.... I imagine the support phone lines on the first day of release will be busy enough and a new forum could resolve many of them.

Just my 2p worth

Bikster
      SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Errors and buggy issues can be reported via email as requested.

Smooth changeovers will benefit from the experiences reported on the forum as others overcome initial problems.

That will allow Actinic to concentrate on (real) problems rather than answering my, oops, any questions that are no doubt going to multiply ten-fold in the next few days.
        Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

I think J's claiming this thread to herself...
          OK I claim the first live V8 site - www.ruralwebdesign.co.uk

There are two threads going at the moment hence my mistaken duplicate post. Hopefully we will get a V8 section in the morning - it should not be limited as jo suggests, as everyone will be interested not only those who have purchased developer.

Comment

Still fails W3C Validation with 9 errors on brouchure and 83 on product BUT this is much better than V7 which had hundreds on product pages.

Comment

it should not be limited as jo suggests
              reason for suggested the limitation was Chris said they didn't want all Beta discussions being public.

Yes the end v8 when it is live would be a normal public forum, but maybe not the beta testing

Comment

Wonder who they will allow in???????

Comment

Ooops!

I do not want to rain on anyones picnic, but what happened to user defined language choice, you know that outside of the UK or America there are languages other than English, which translates to more business possibilities, not forgetting the EEC which means free trade across borders.

Just an idea

Max

Comment

complaint.... I need a new monitor at higher res, there's too many windows to keep open now

1024 on 15" laptop sucks

Comment

Found out last night that if you uninstall and reinstall V8 then your evaluation expires and you cannot use the software again.

Comment

as there is a huge learning curve here
                        Its taken me a long time to get to grips with V7 I am not sure I want to go through that again with V8

Comment

Originally posted by RuralWeb
                          Its taken me a long time to get to grips with V7 I am not sure I want to go through that again with V8
                          I don't think you will be alone there Malcolm

Bikster
                          SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

time to switch of the phones and draw the curtains...looks like a long month

Just to clarify, developer upgrades to designer? Checked out the site & prices, will wait til 01/08/06 me thinks but from a beta first view looks a dream for designers (I did say first view...)
                            LOS Design UK Website Maintenance
                            Website Maintenance Services For The Busy Professional.
                            Free Hosting For Life. Find out more now.

Comment

Found out last night that if you uninstall and reinstall V8 then your evaluation expires
                              mine doesn't expire, I've reinstalled about 8 times. The beta version is valid until 1 August it tells me on reinstall

Comment

Just had an email from Actinic saying that you need to delete the V8 files from your PC for it to install correctly.

Comment

Working...
                                X