No announcement yet.

How do I point my current domain name at SellerDeck Hosting? I am using 123-reg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I point my current domain name at SellerDeck Hosting? I am using 123-reg

It is very simple to point your domain name at SellerDeck Hosting's servers. This guide will step you through it using 123-reg's control panel for managing domain names.
    1. Go to http://www.123-reg.co.uk/
    2. Click the 'Log into your Control Panel' link and enter your username and password.
    3. You should now see the 123-Reg control panel which contains the line “Your Domains…”
    4. Click on the Drop Down menu and select the domain you wish to change and click “Manage” (see an example below )

5. You are now in the “Domain Manager” panel, scroll down until you see the “Advance Domain Settings” section
    6. Click “Manage DNS (A, MX, CNAME,TXT,SRV) (see below for image)

7. When you have clicked this, click the “Advanced DNS” tab at the top
    8. You now have the option to add your A Records and “MX Records” (For our Hosting the A records and the MX records are the following)

Note: You will need to delete all existing records to apply the above (you can do this by clicking the “waste bin” icon)
    9. You will need to add the DNS Entry to the “DNS Entry” row on the left hand side, and add the “IP address” to the “Destination/Target” row on the right hand side (after this is done click the “Add” button and then proceed to the next A record )
    10. When adding the MX settings you will need to add the “@” symbol in the “DNS Entry” field and the “mail.domainname.com” in the “Destination/Target”. (Replacing 'domain.com' with whatever your domain name is and leave the 'priority' as '11'.

NOTE: It is extremely important that . (Full stop) appears after the domain name otherwise it will not work correctly, i.e. : -

mail.domain.com.
    11. It should look similar to the image below:

After the these have been changed then there will be a period of Propagation of 24-48 hours, This means that the domain will not view

NOTE: If you find an 'AAAA' record within the mapping grid, please remove the record. This is an IPv6 record and will cause problems as SellerDeck servers are not set up to use IPv6.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by G.W.Green; 07-Aug-2019, 02:03 PM.
Working...
X