X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Using Component prices or Not

Hi Folk

Looking for help in deciding if Component pricing is for me or not

I have used it in the past with limited success but always felt the design using them is crap, though no doubt this could be improved.

My feeling is that it is better to have customers ask for discounts rather than just offer them and we can then offer a price solution based upon a long term say fixed discount on any size order over a year.

But also accept that this action could put them off, and also has a disadvantage of people say ordereing 50 items for the discount and then upset when they don't get a discount for the odd single order

Our products are something that you buy as needed so a company may outfit their whole staff and then want singular replacements for say new comers or damaged items

One way makes them contact us which helps build good relations the other just rely's on internet sales so no right or wrong

Welcome thoughts

ps we do often get calls to ask if we do discount for large orders, we ask how big is your order ? Answer often about three items!!!!!
    Chris Ashdown

We have used component prices to do price of postage and packing and discounts. It works, it isn't pretty you can end up with extra lines in the basket which people don't understand.

Worse bit it does work on offline orders, long time bug which Sellerdeck should know about as I have brought it up a number of times. They may have fixed it in SD16, I haven't tested that yet.

M
    Mash

Comment

Working...
    X