Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error moving to new computer

Hi,

not sure if this is a FAQ, but I can't find a relevant thread...

We moved to a new computer by installing Actinic there and then copying over the Site1 directory. When we try to upload we get a message to say that 'a connection to the server cannot be established'. When we run Housekeeping/Network Setup/Test, we get one pop up to say it's all good, and then a second that says there's a problem with executing scripts. Does anyone know - as I suspect - whether the first of these is http and the second is https?

I poked around a bit in FTP. Actinic seems to have uploaded two test scripts, ts000004.pl and sts000004.pl. I'm able to execute both of these - from the same PC - by typing the relevant URLs into a browser. The first produces a few lines of output: the second just one line like this:

Does anyone know if this looks correct or not? In any case, it looks like both scripts have execute permissions.

The PC in question has no firewall or antivirus or anything of that ilk that might block Actinic. Meanwhile the old computer is still working fine, happily running both the upload and the test (we need to get off it for other reasons).

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

- Dave

Are both PCs running the exact same version of Actinic/SellerDeck?

I presume the new PC does have internet connectivity i.e. you can use a browser and get to www.bbc.co.uk etc? (Although without a firewall or anti-virus you are risking problems by connecting to the internet)
    Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
    SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
    Based in rural Northants

Comment

Yes, and yes. And yes about the firewall - it's just being turned off for the purposes of these tests

- Dave

Comment

Have you tried transferring using a snapshot rather than copying the Site1 directory?
        Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
        SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
        Based in rural Northants

Comment

Yes, tried that too: no difference. We're going to try another computer, see what happens there: will report back.

- Dave

Comment

Working...
          X