whats the best way of putting video into website

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

whats the best way of putting video into website

I just made a video which i uploaded into youtube. Its about a product I sell thats recently earned me a fair few pounds in sales. The quandary I now have is to put it in my sellerdeck based website. However I don't want people to go away to youtube I tried to embed via: product>general>embed video it but that doesn't seem to have worked

Ideas ??

Sue

Hi I have the video on my hard drive its done by an HD Writer and its in M2TS format its 153 MB's

Comment

If you have your video on YouTube, just view it there, right-click it and choose "Copy embed code". Paste that into Product Details / General / Embed Video and it should show (even in the Preview pane).

I'd never done this before and it worked first time using a random video from YouTube's home page.

You can also put it into a Fragment via Fragment Details / General / Embed Video.

If that's not working for you, then upload a faulty page, point us to it so someone can look.

Trying to host the video yourself may be a bad idea. If it turns out to be very popular the visitors could burn through your sites monthly bandwidth, costing you big money.
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

I have looked round the community knowledge base and found how ot insert them not sure if they look ok though for osme reason the jpg image looks very large

I think it would look neated if the video was a bit more in the background ??

hers the url the product is realisitc silicone breasts
        http://www.fantasygirl.co.uk/acatalo...ansgender.html

Comment

No product of that name on the page you linked to.

Why not post the URL of the page that the video should be on (presumably the Product Page)?

Comment

[

Trying to host the video yourself may be a bad idea. If it turns out to be very popular the visitors could burn through your sites monthly bandwidth, costing you big money.[/QUOTE]

very good point well made many thanks I will be sticking to youtube. I have managed to get it working but it looked a bit too dominating the product page would prefer it to be a bit maybe at the end of the description text is its possible ??

I have taken it out for now don't want to lose any orders till I get it right

Comment

To put the video at the bottom, you would have to edit whatever layout you are using fro your Product Pages. In said layout, locate the ProductVideo line and move it to just above: <!-- End of Product Details -->

Comment

Originally posted by NormanRouxel View Post
                To put the video at the bottom, you would have to edit whatever layout you are using fro your Product Pages. In said layout, locate the ProductVideo line and move it to just above: <!-- End of Product Details -->

at the moment i embedded it as this !!<<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rcwVWeOG8Z4?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>>!! what would i need to do to put video at end of the text ??

sory not very up on all this

sue

Comment

You're not being detailed enough. When you say you "embedded it", do you mean that you put it into the Full Description?

If in the Full Description, the code you put in post #8 above works when I paste it in here at the end of the description text.

If you're putting it into the dedicated Embed Video field leave out the !!< and >!!.

Comment

Originally posted by NormanRouxel View Post
                    You're not being detailed enough. When you say you "embedded it", do you mean that you put it into the Full Description?

If in the Full Description, the code you put in post #8 above works when I paste it in here at the end of the description text.

If you're putting it into the dedicated Embed Video field leave out the !!< and >!!.
                    I put it in embed video I iwll try again as you suggested
                    thanks

Comment

Sorry to be a nusiance I need to clarifty is it possible to specify in the embedding exactly where on the product page the video appears. Is it also possible to change the size of the video frame width.

The location is Sellerdeck back office > Product>General>Embed Video where I have been pasting in the youtube embedding text

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/rcwVWeOG8Z4?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> as copied form embedded section of said video

Comment

See my post #7 and instead of placing the ProductVideo line near the bottom, pout it where you want it to be.

These videos display at the width of the containing element. To force it to a certain with (123px in the example below) you could try:
                        Code:
                        <div style="width:123px">
                        	<actinic:variable name="ProductVideo" />
                        </div>
                        There's a tutorial on editing layouts "Help With Design" in the Starter Guide but it may be best read the entire "Designing Your Store" section in said guide.

Comment

This is how I do it.

Create a layout and use this code, and put the layout where you want it on your product page.

<div class="product-details">
                          <actinic:block if="%3cactinic%3avariable%20name%3d%22You%20Tube%20Video%20Title%20Header%22%20%2f%3e%20%21%3d%20%22%22">
                          <h2><actinic:variable name="You Tube Video Title Header" /></h2><br/>
                          </actinic:block>
                          <a name="Video"></a>
                          <div class="videoWrapper">
                          <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/<actinic:variable name="You Tube Video" />?&autoplay=0&loop=1&playlist=<actinic:variable name="You Tube Video" />" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
                          </div>

Create a few variables, mine are You Tube Video Title Header which is the text i want to show in H2

And another variable You Tube Video which I just place the code for the video in, in the example below this would be I3KUZjJSCQ0 which can be found in the youtube url or embeded code.

In the CSS add the following which makes it responsive.

.videoWrapper2 {
                          position: relative;
                          padding-bottom: 56.25%; /* 16:9 */
                          padding-top: 25px;
                          height: 0;
                          }

an example halfway down this page Video
                          Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
                          Damascus Steel Rings

Comment