X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Google Data Feed - Image size/quality

Hi
    I am using Sellerdeck 2013

I have my Google product feed uploaded in my merchant account and all of my images are inappropriate images.

Looking into this - the following is what I have on my site -

1. I can see that alot of my images have a logo in one corner which I am in the process of removing

2. My main image is 200 x 200 pixels and around 100k

3. I have a larger image in Ext info of 800 x 800 pixels

This is what Google says -
    Image size:
    • Submit the largest, highest resolution, full-size image that you have for the product, up to a file size of 4 MB.
    • Images must be larger than 32 x 32 pixels and cannot be larger than 64 megapixels.
    • We recommend images at least 800 pixels in height and width.
    • Do not scale up images or submit thumbnails. We recommend that the product take no less than 75% but no more than 90% of the full image
    • For clothing products we require images of at least 250 x 250 pixels.

Apart from removing the logo on some of my images, is there something else I should be doing as ALL of my images have been flagged as inappropriate by Google?

Many thanks
    Thank you
    Kind regards
    Joanne

www.ukcurtainpoles.co.uk

Re-size images for google feed

I have looked into this a bit further.

It would seem that my image size of 200 x 200px is too small and are recommended to be 800x x800px

Now, if I change my main image size to 800 x 800px, they are too large for my product page and I will have re design layouts to accomadate these.

Is there a way of submitting a main image size of 800 x 800 px to Google on my feed, but resizing the image to 200cm on my website to stay in keeping with design/layout??

many thanks for any help
    Thank you
    Kind regards
    Joanne

www.ukcurtainpoles.co.uk

Comment

Hi Joanne

My Google feed references images that are 450 pixels x 450 or slightly less, and I've had no problems. These images don't actually appear on the website though; on the website I use a 100x100 thumbnail which is a reduced version of the 450x450 image, plus a 'stitched' image consisting of the 450x450 image with 3 or more other images joined to it to create an image that is 450 pixels wide and at least 2000 pixels tall. The 450x450 image is just uploaded to my host for Google's benefit.

Therefore if you continue to use the 200x200 images but also upload a larger version of the same image with a different filename, and include that filename in your Google feed, it should work.

John.
      John Ennals
      www.tortoys.co.uk

Comment

Working...
      X