Does extension update ebay stock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does extension update ebay stock

Is the Ebay Extension meant to update the stock in Ebay to the same as Sellerdeck stock when it updates?

No, I'm afraid it doesn't do that. You will still need to reserve stock for eBay. The best way to do that is to set a 'Suspend if below' value to prevent over-ordering on the web site.

I will add this to the wish list for the extension.
    Bruce Townsend
    Ecommerce Product Manager
    Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Thank you for your reply and adding it to the wish list. However, as we only carry 1 of each of most items on our site the extension won't really work for us.

Comment

OK. If you only have one of an item, it's risky to offer it in two places at once anyway. I don't know any technology that could guarantee to prevent double-selling. Suppose someone bids on the item on eBay, and at the same time someone else adds it to their cart on your website? Conceptually it's quite hard to work out how that kind of scenario could be handled.
        Bruce Townsend
        Ecommerce Product Manager
        Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Yes I accept your point, particularly if you are selling items that sell quickly on Ebay.

However, we envisage listing about 70 Machines on Ebay that are quite expensive and expect to sell perhaps only a couple of each model during a month. So it is very unlikely that there will be two simultaneous orders. In the unlikely event that was to happen we could overcome it without a lot of hassle. It would just be good if the extension could keep Ebay stock updated.

Whilst writing, this morning it downloaded an order twice. Once using the ebay product description and the second time the slightly different Sellerdeck description. This was the first order processed since downloading the latest beta update yesterday.

Thank you for your help.

Jim Knight
          HenryVacs

Comment

Working...
          X