Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic Orders Wiped for Catalog Database

hi,

i recently performed a snapshot import to update content ONLY for the site. during which fatal error occurred and when i reopened Actinic my order history had been wiped from the database. Not only this but the overwritten zip back up file during the import had not saved correctly and was still showing from a previous import for a different site.

Does anyone know if there is another way to recover the orders database file?

Thanks

How recent is the snapshot from *before* the content only snapshot you tried to use? Could you restore the orders from that one?
    You could also look at the backed up databases (you will have chosen where to save these) and use either the Backup or Previous ones.
    Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Unfortunately we update content on one PC and download orders on another. As a result the content is backed up to last Friday, the orders however were last backed up in March.

I tried to recover the .mdb file from the zipped back up folder but it appears this wasn't saved properly and is showing from a previous import for a different site. I think i'm going to have to cut my losses and recover the back up from march and re-import the up to date content.

Comment

Originally posted by Suze View Post
        the orders however were last backed up in March
        So when you close Actinic on the order download PC, you just hit "exit without backup" rather than "database backup"? Bizarre.

Anyway, you now know that you have to back up the .mdb at least once a day.

The only way to recover the lost orders, if you truly have no other snapshot you can use which is more recent than March, is to add them to the database manually. Or send the corrupted database to Support.
        Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

You might be able to get the database fixed, I would try contacting Actinic support.

Regards,
          Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
          Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
          A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
          Product Mash for Sellerdeck
          Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
          Multichannel order processing
          Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

unfortunately actinic no longer support version 8. We are migrating all our websites onto v11 at the moment, hence the purge, but they were still unwilling to offer help and advice. Guess i'm stuck with manual entry? Thanks anyway.

Comment

Last week someone on this forum was using a repair software solution to repair mdb files. May help you or have you tried access and repair database not as good aparantly but worth a try
              Chris Ashdown

Comment

Working...
              X