Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I change my sites over to a new url?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I change my sites over to a new url?

We have been using actinic business for quite a few years at www.paragon-matrix.com currently utilising version 8.5.3.0.0.0IDHB. We now wish to move our actinic shop over to another url and no longer use the current url for ecommerce purposes. I know that our version of the software only allows us to use 1 url (its not a multi-site verstion) so how do we change over our current site to a new URL. – Any help or advice much appreciated.

I would guess you make a snapshot of present site and back up

Delete Actinic from computer

Re-Install actinic

Make new site

Import snapshot and make any changes you require to hosting and web details etc
    Chris Ashdown

Comment

Set up the hosting and check it works then put the new FTP details in. Remember to set up a 301 redirect which will tell search engines pages have moved and redirect users.
      Peblaco

Comment

No need to reinstall or use Snapshots. Just do as Peblaco suggests and add an additional step of looking in Settings / Business Settings / Company/Contact where the Web Site Address will need changed.

It may also be worth checking in Settings / Business Settings / Terms and Conditions in case you've got any out of date info there.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
        X