• Show
Clear All

Problem with windows 10

Good morning learned friends

I have a problem where I get this error when trying to load new software

Internal error failed to expand shell folder constant "userdocs"

Looking up on Microsoft it gives this as a suggestion to solve the problem

net use\\<computername>\<sharename>\<user: <username>

Not wanting to Bxxxxr it up request help finding the sharename and computername

I have device name desktop-3jffetc which i assume id computername but no idea on sharename or where to find it on windows 10

any help appreciated
    Chris
    Chris Ashdown

Please help I know its a command prompt but don't want to risk the registry until i know the answers
    Chris Ashdown

Comment

Sorry Chris, I'd help if I had any idea but I'm still using Windows 7.

Mike
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

" \\computername\sharename: This specifies the name of the computer, computername, and the shared resource, sharename, like a shared folder or a shared printer connected to computername. If there are spaces anywhere here, be sure to put the entire path, slashes included, in quotes. "

See https://www.lifewire.com/net-use-command-2618096
        Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

See also Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\System to find your Computer name, domain and workgroup settings. You can change them there too.
          Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Working...
          X