All orders ending up in PSP pending since yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All orders ending up in PSP pending since yesterday

Running 2 sites, one v8 the other v7. Since yesterday all our downloaded orders have been ending up in the psp pending instead of the normal place. Our psp providor is Secpay and the error message is the usual one about invalid signature and click to abort retry etc.

I have spoken to both Actinic and Secpay about this. Both blame each other!

I can see the orders when I ftp into the acatlog folder but each order has a .ord and a .occ where as I was told it should be a .ocx

I was wondering if any one else can shed any light on why this has suddenly started happening?

Hi Andy,

I have a couple of actinic sites using secpay and there's been no problems with orders not picking up the payment callback.

This kind of suggests it's not a secpay problem as it's probably a fair assumption that their system is common across all users.

That leaves 2 areas for investigation:

1. Whether your hosts have done something. Check your file permissions are still at 755 on the acatalog and cgi-bin directory.

2. Your actinic installation might have been corrupted. I can't remember how to reset the payment provider stuff, but I'm pretty sure the instructions are on here somewhere or actinic support can tell you.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

What is the exact error message?

Have you made any changes to Actinic or to your secpay installation that coincide with this happening?

Regards,
      Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
      Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
      A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
      Product Mash for Sellerdeck
      Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
      Multichannel order processing
      Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Thanks for your replies. I have just checked the permissions settings on the cgi-bin and acatlog folders. cgi-bin is set to 750 and both acatlog folders are 777.

I haven't changed them and my ISP says that he hasn't either. Are those settings ok as I can't remember what they were before if they have been changed.

Comment

755 is more normal than 750 but I haven't a clue what impact this would have if any. The recommended setting is 755 so I would change it.

Did you say 'both' acatalog folders?

Mike

Comment

Well, I have change the permissions on the folders to 755 and done a test order. I have 2 acatalog folders as we have 2 sites separated on the website.

Looking at the order files via ftp, there are 2 files associated with the order, one .ord and one .occ. This I believe is wrong as the .occ should be a .ocx.

I haven't changed anything in Actinic for a while now and as far as I am aware, nothing has changed in Secpay.

The order completes normally and I get a receipt email and then go to the receipt page. However, when I download the order the error message 'The PSP Authorisation downloaded for order number, ABxxxxxx, had an invalid signature.'

If you click ok, after that you get 'An error occurred while reading a Payment Service Provider Authorisation. The file may have been corrupted in transfer from the server. Abort will cancel the download operation and leave the unprocessed PSP files on the web. Retry will try to transfer the file again. If you choose to ignore this error, the PSP file will be lost. If you ignore this error, the associated order ABxxxxxxxxxx, will be modified to have a payment method of "Send Credit Card Details Separately" and a status of "Waiting for CC Details."

You then get abort, retry or ignore. The only way to get the order down is to click on ignore and it appears in the psp pending area. You then have to manually add a payment to complete it.

Checking with Secpay, the payment goes through no problem. So the money is being taken but some how not authorised by Actinic.

Totally confused now....Andy.

Comment

Sorry, just checked. The order ending up in pending but with a payment value of 'Waiting for CC details'.

Comment

Well here's what actinic said a while back on the forum:

The Invalid Signature error always means that the Secret Key is wrong. Check in the 'Settings | Business Settings | Payment & Security tab | Configure Method button' that you have entered it correctly (it is case sensitive) and update your site and try a test order. If you still get the error then you would need to check with Protx to ensure that what you have is the same as they have entered on their server.
                So I would check the secret key is correct and update the psp files.

Mike

Comment

Mike,

I have just been up to our accounts dept. who look at all the secpay payments and have access to our secpay accounts. I asked the lady are you sure you haven't changed anything since yesterday to do with our account?

After a couple of seconds a look of realisation came over her face and she timidly said, I did change the remote password yesterday. I thought it was funny because I still had to use the old password to get in.

Apparently Secpay changed the way you login to your account and she was trying to change the password. Unfortunatley she didn't realise that she had changed the secret key!

I have now changed the secret key in both versions of actinic and uploaded and hey-presto! Every thing is back to normal.

Many thanks for all your help - once again this forum comes up with the answer - just remind me why I purchased actinic cover again?

Comment

I'm glad it got sorted. Secpay have been moving everyone over to the new system and it does take a little while to get used to where everything is.

Mike

Comment

Working...
                    X