Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Broken links

Hello again,

According to site optimization, I have like 120 broken links. Not sure if this will fix it, but please see attached. CGI related it seems to be. How do I fix this??

Thanks,

Regards,
    Attached Files
    Thanks!!

Regards,

Bob

www.valleydecoratingdepot.com

If I am correct I think those links are because of Trail Blazer being not being logged in, in which case don't worry about them.

Comment

Not sure what yo mean....
      Thanks!!

Regards,

Bob

Comment

Try testing the site with Xenu link checker ( http://home.snafu.de/tilman/xenulink.html ).
        Peblaco

Comment

Thanks Louise. I will check out your link.

Thanks all for the replies.
          Thanks!!

Regards,

Bob

Comment

thanks louise that link was nice

many thanks

Gareth
            Remembering the road to Actinic enlightenment is a long and sometimes painful one.
            Current project:
            cheapadulttoys4u.co.uk
            cheaplingerie4u.co.uk
            Something for the Missus,Something for the Weekend

Comment

question having found oyur 404 broken links how do you fix them in Sellerdeck 2014 ??

Comment

There's no general answer to how to fix them, it depends what they are and why they are broken. The first thing is to check the Xenulink report to see what the broken URLs are, and on which page(s). Generally SellerDeck maintains things like menus, subsection link and product links automatically, so links can't get broken without some kind of manual intervention. The kind of things to look out for are:
                - following a site upgrade, were any old pages left on the server that are still indexed by Google?
                - do you link to any external files, PDFs etc that have been moved or deleted?
                - have any images been replaced or removed?
                - are any URLs hard-coded into the design?

The clues will be in the broken link report, though. Once you start to work through that link by link, all should become clear. You may see a pattern that points to one source of the problem, or there might be a variety of different issues.

Ideally you would have no broken links, but most sites accumulate a few over time and they're usually pretty harmless. However, it's good practice to tidy up every so often so that they don't get out of control.
                Bruce Townsend
                Ecommerce Product Manager
                Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Working...
                X