linking to hierarchical file

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

linking to hierarchical file

I have experience of linking to a flat .xls file. Will it work equally with a hierarchical file?

I don't expect the thee linking will read the headers in the way required for an hierarchical file.
    What are you trying to achieve?

Comment

I sometimes need to make minor changes which are best done by going straight to the content tree. At other times it's easier to work in a spreadsheet, where you can, for example, copy in a whole block of data. I need to keep spreadsheets in sync with the site. To make changes in the spreadsheet I could of course export a file, modify it and re-import it. It just struck me that if I was linked to a hierarchical file I could modify it without having to export and import.

Comment

Linking will only work with flat files or databases, the hierarchical file has the wrong format for linking. You can export a flat file with my product mash.

Regards,
        Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
        Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
        A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
        Product Mash for Sellerdeck
        Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
        Multichannel order processing
        Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Working...
        X