Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EPOS with Business 8

Hi,

I've been using Business 8 for my online shop for a while now.
    I'm now opening a retail outlet and require an EPOS solution. It makes perfect sense to me to go with Actinic if the two systems are compatible.

I want to be able to run my EPOS till with full stock control, but with a link into Business 8 so I can update my online store as to the current stock situation. Is that possible?

Also I note that EPOS should not be install on a PC with Access. Why? I have MS access (which I use) on my PC, the one I run Business on, and the one I want to put EPOS on. Can you advise.

Mat
    Matthew Wildeman
    www.bigmatts.com
    2XL to 8XL Menswear

Hi Matthew

The EPOS to EC link is yet in the pipeline, no definite date on it though. The issue with MS Access is however now resolved and should not be a problem anymore.
    Krithika Chandrasekar
    SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

Thanks

i got the same info in Actinic 8 forum.

mat
      Matthew Wildeman
      www.bigmatts.com
      2XL to 8XL Menswear

Comment

Import

Given the previuos answer (no link yet) if I decide to buy EPOS from Actinic how can I get my already large product list into EPOS.

Please dont tell me I have to input the whole lot again manually? There must be a way of importing via a csv or something?

Cheers

Matt
        Matthew Wildeman
        www.bigmatts.com
        2XL to 8XL Menswear

Comment

Morning Matthew

Please mail me your contact details and the best time to reach you and I can have someone handling EPOS support get back to you with more details. You can send the details to krcsupport[@]actinic.co.uk
          Krithika Chandrasekar
          SellerDeck

sigpic

E-commerce software by SellerDeck

Comment

Originally posted by mpwildeman
            Given the previuos answer (no link yet) if I decide to buy EPOS from Actinic how can I get my already large product list into EPOS.
            A conversion of your Actinic ecommerce database to EPOS Data.mdb is achievable, which then gives you product name, ref/bar code, price, which you can then expand upon.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for that.

That will do for now - as long as I know if is basically achieveable the exact details arent required just yet.

Thanks

Matt
              Matthew Wildeman
              www.bigmatts.com
              2XL to 8XL Menswear

Comment

date

Hi,
                Is there any news of a date for the Actinic Epos/Business program that was "in the pipeline".
                Thanks.
                Mark
                If everything in life were simple there would be no challenge!

Comment

Yep - it's being built and tested at the moment. One of jobs this week is to write the help for it so I'll get to see it for the first time

So it will be available soon, but really you need to talk to Actinic Sales for more information about release arrangements.

Comment

Current Situ

Hi,

what the current situation re EPOS and linking into Actinic Business V8.x?
                    Is it fully compatible?
                    What known issues are there?
                    Does the stock level monitoring now work within v8.x? ie. the issue where an online order can order more than you have in stock?

Anyone using the intregreated systems? Would love to hear your comments

Cheers

Matt
                    Matthew Wildeman
                    www.bigmatts.com
                    2XL to 8XL Menswear

Comment

EPOS/BUSV8 Stock Link Problem

Hi Matthew, we have been using EPOS and Bus V8 for two months now and I have to say it really is very close to being a good setup for linking online and retail sales, but there are a couple of major flaws currently. I have been promised by Actinic that these will be resolved in the next release but they are worth pointing out.
                      Firstly, when having the 'Stock Monitored in EPOS' option globally enabled in BusV8, the website will accuratley adjust it's stock levels based on EPOS, as it should. The problem occurs when you want the 'Stock Monitered' option for individual products enabled, effectively preventing website ordering once a products' stock falls below a certain level. The two variations just work against each other. To sum up, if Manage stock in EPOS is enabled there is no automatic way of stopping orders from the website. Each morning I have to go into BusV8 click the Operations/Stock Levels and enable stock monitoring on any products that have fallen to 0. This stops orders on the web and produces an OUT OF STOCK message on the webpage. When a product comes back into stock I have to do the reverse.
                      With over 1500 products online and in the retail shop this is becoming a real pain in the **** It shouldn't be too much to ask BusV8 to suspend the ordering of products once the EPOS stock has reached 0 should it?
                      As I said Actinic are aware of the problem and it will be fixed with the next release I am told? It really will make the software a comprehensive package once this is solved.
                      Best regards
                      Simon
                      Simon Bridges
                      Alex Reade World of Motosport
                      http://www.alexreade.net

Comment

Thanks

Hi Simon,

thanks for the heads up.

Obvious Q then is when is this going to be fixed? I like yout have too many products and run quite low stock levels to mess about changing the stock monitoring every AM.

So any Actinic bods please can you tell me when this is going to be sorted. A patch to fix this is surely a must.

Matt
                        Matthew Wildeman
                        www.bigmatts.com
                        2XL to 8XL Menswear

Comment

The stock issue should be fixed with the next release. I do not have a date for this as yet, but will post back when there is one.

Kind regards,
                          Bruce King
                          SellerDeck

Comment

Good news Bruce. James M tells me that new update is bieng tested right now. Can we expect this in time for the xmas rush with starts mid-november for us?
                            Thanks again
                            Simon
                            Simon Bridges
                            Alex Reade World of Motosport
                            http://www.alexreade.net

Comment

Great

Thanks,

that would be ideal.

Mat
                              Matthew Wildeman
                              www.bigmatts.com