Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Buttons not appearing ...

Hi
    After I set a few button (by ticking the button item checkbox) and given a name, I cannot see them shown on the EPOS in SALES mode.

Mind I am trying to trial these buttons in TRAINING MODE
    Ciao
    actinico

ps sorry for any 'typing' errors or mistaks
    ;-]

Hi Mauro

Ive seen this happen before when you have the 'button item' checkbox checked for every product in the database, it is displaying all products as a button, and if you have no button text entered then it just creates a blank button.

Please check your products to see if you have this checkbox checked, if so, I can easily uncheck the ones you dont need for you via the database and send it back to you, the database I need is called data.mdb, and its found in c:/checkout.
    ________

Comment

Would you please explain were and how to get rid of it within MsAccess - doing it myself?

I hope this is not a feature of EPOS and not MsAccess.

If it is, well it would be nice if we could finally get a 'full' options settings window, so 'we' can decide ourselves what and how we want our product work - I mean ASAP.

Just add a window with a checkbox - as in any professional program and make it that simple.

That way, every time you update EPOS we will not find something un-expected and / or if there is, we will be able to adjust it at our pleasure.

You cannot force your customers sending you their data.mdb every time there is a similar problem.

Hope to see it soon.
      Thank you for listening and thank you James to be there for us
      Ciao
      actinico

;-]

Comment

Hi there

Im afraid there isnt a way to globally switch the checkbox off in the software - however I will add this to the wishlist for you.

You can switch this option off globally in the database by opening up C:\checkout\Data.mdb, and opening to the table tblProduct and unchecking the boxes in field ButtonItem.

Hope that helps

Comment

What we find is that if we need to add a product to the till using a button is this.

We add to database as normal..return to product screen - now if we tick the box before adding the button text, then save...upon testing we get red screen.

However if we add button text, then check tick box and save it works every time

Maybe not ideal, but easily worked around as most things are.....

Comment

Hi
            I tried myself today (I know, long time!) and it still does not work.

Although I have not an urgent need, it would be nice to have it fixed soon.

I do sell online as well as in shop and I have added 'denomination' buttons for different postage charges and that makes it fast when you have to input each order separately.

That works fine and if you have MsAccess, it is easier to manage the database yourself - the main rule is: always back up the original data.mdb file, in case a disaster strikes and always work on the file after closing shop and backed up!

That way you will be able to restore it as it was before you open the next day.
            Ciao
            actinico

;-]

Comment

Working...
            X