Clear All

EPOS v3.07 and v3.10 Hotfix

Please Read Carefully

Original Thread: http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=46815

------------------------------
    Downloads:

EPOS v3.10 JLGA: http://downloads.actinic.com/EPOS_v3...ix_april10.zip

EPOS v3.07 KDXA: http://downloads.actinic.com/EPOS_3.07_KDXA.zip

Please ensure you download the correct release before applying this hotfix.

For those upgrading to v3.10, instructions are attached to this post, it is important these instructions are followed carefully.

The fix should not have any side effects on any other part of EPOS. The checkout.mde file containing the fix that should replace the existing one.

Work around:

- Stop all instances of EPOS.

- Make a backup of all mdb files and the checkout.mde file.

-If using EPOS network, please follow the instructions in the attached file "310 Upgrade.zip" as you must first make a note of location of the shared databases. You will need this information to reconnect to the shared databases after upgrade.

- Replace the existing checkout.mde file in the c:\checkout folder with the new one that contains the hot fix.

- Restart EPOS.

- If you are using a piccolink go to setup | options | piccolinks. Re-enter your piccolink ID's here

updated with v3.07 instructions

updated with EPOS network comment
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Benjamin Dyer; 13-Apr-2010, 03:42 PM. Reason: update to instructions
    Benjamin Dyer
    CEO - SellerDeck Ecommerce Software for SME's

SellerDeck is the new name for Actinic Desktop

Have you tried searching the Knowledge Base?

A quick update on this, the QA team have now checked this fix.

We will be issuing a new v3.10 release with the hot fix shortly.
    Benjamin Dyer

Comment

we are still RUNNING 2.73 EPOS so will the fix work for me as well ?

Comment

Originally posted by adrian242 View Post
        we are still RUNNING 2.73 EPOS so will the fix work for me as well ?
        No, you will need to upgrade to v3.10, its a fairly simple process.
        Benjamin Dyer

Comment

Resetting the Z totals

Applying the hotfix certainly resolved the error at checkout but we still have issues with the z report not updating the Z tables - any ideas?

Comment

Post updated with details of a v3.07 patch.
            Benjamin Dyer

Comment

Originally posted by CarnarvonArms View Post
              Applying the hotfix certainly resolved the error at checkout but we still have issues with the z report not updating the Z tables - any ideas?
              Unsure, can I just check that you upgraded to v3.10?
              Benjamin Dyer

Comment

We were running Version 2.92 so followed the upgrade to 3.10 KDXA

On restart after install, I notice that we now have an additional shortcut to EPOS on the desktop.

The existing shortcut was titled "EPOS" but now we have "Actinic Epos"

Is this a problem?

Should we remove one of these shortcuts, if so which?

Comment

Originally posted by party_pete View Post
                  We were running Version 2.92 so followed the upgrade to 3.10 KDXA

On restart after install, I notice that we now have an additional shortcut to EPOS on the desktop.

The existing shortcut was titled "EPOS" but now we have "Actinic Epos"

Is this a problem?

Should we remove one of these shortcuts, if so which?
                  Hi Pete,

If you right click on the Actinic EPOS link and select properties the "Target" information will have a load of details about MSAccess as well as:

"c:\checkout\checkout.mde"

As long as it has that in there, you will be fine regardless of the link.

Ben
                  Benjamin Dyer

Comment

Originally posted by Benjamin Dyer View Post
                    Unsure, can I just check that you upgraded to v3.10?
                    Hi - yes I can confirm that we have upgraded - we run a fuel station with petrol accounts and so obviously the amounts at stake are quite significant - and when items are posted to account they are not showing up there - I am assuming that this updates the customer account when the reset button is pressed - never really had occasion to look until now but am getting twitchy about thousands going out every day on fuel accounts and not keeping track of to whom it went!

Comment

Hi CarnarvonArms,

I will contact you directly about this one, its a simple fix but I will need to get your EPOS database to correct it.

Thanks

Paul
                      Paul Murphy
                      Operations Manager - SellerDeck

Comment

Running 3.05, do I simply overwrite all files and then move the .mdb's back into checkout???

Comment

Originally posted by Benjamin Dyer View Post
                          Please Read Carefully

The fix should not have any side effects on any other part of EPOS. The checkout.mde file containing the fix that should replace the existing one.

Work around:

- Stop all instances of EPOS.

- Make a backup of all mdb files and the checkout.mde file.

-If using EPOS network, please follow the instructions in the attached file "310 Upgrade.zip" as you must first make a note of location of the shared databases. You will need this information to reconnect to the shared databases after upgrade.

- Replace the existing checkout.mde file in the c:\checkout folder with the new one that contains the hot fix.

- Restart EPOS.

- If you are using a piccolink go to setup | options | piccolinks. Re-enter your piccolink ID's here

updated with v3.07 instructions

updated with EPOS network comment
                          Hi
                          I did upgrade to 3.10 sometime ago and used the JLGA version.
                          I do not generally follow this forum anymore and I do not know which one is which.

I only use a solo and maybe the JLGA is the wrong one?
                          Having said that, it should work fine on a solo anyway!

I have been having the same problems of that blooming error window alert.

I have downloaded the fix - which simply is a checkot.mde file and replaced it (yes I have have backed it up 4 times - as I already had surprises with the old updates!)

When I run it, it does no work and it says:

======================================================
                          CANNOT OPEN THIS FILE
                          This file is located outside your intranet ... it will not open for security purposes ...
                          ======================================================

What?

Although I do work in Computing, I am not really interested in this program and we only use it to give our receipt and keep tab of our stock and 'hopefully' make our life easier, although I have to use many waorkarounds as this program has loads of small problems which I am happy to keep except for the latest annoying one - so, no networks are used here.

What do I do?

Thanks

M

PS has this problem anything to do with the recent released windows updates?
                          Ciao
                          actinico

ps sorry for any 'typing' errors or mistaks
                          ;-]

Comment

This may be relevant and point someone in the right direction.

We're running two networked tills on v 3.10 and suffered the problem. One till is running Windows 7 the other Vista.

We installed the hot fix and neither till would operate so restored my backup of checkout.mde. Everything worked again but so did the error.

I then checked the security settings of the new checkout.mde (it had a blue lock on the icon) and changed them to allow full access to everyone. My Windows 7 till immediately worked and the error disappeared. I tried the same on my Vista machine but to no avail - the error remains.

Does this help at all?

Nick

Comment

Originally posted by pyknicpie View Post
                              This may be relevant and point someone in the right direction.

We're running two networked tills on v 3.10 and suffered the problem. One till is running Windows 7 the other Vista.

We installed the hot fix and neither till would operate so restored my backup of checkout.mde. Everything worked again but so did the error.

I then checked the security settings of the new checkout.mde (it had a blue lock on the icon) and changed them to allow full access to everyone. My Windows 7 till immediately worked and the error disappeared. I tried the same on my Vista machine but to no avail - the error remains.

Does this help at all?

Nick
                              UPDATE!

Just re-checked the Vista till which wasn't working. On the properties tab of the checkout.mde file I noticed that it was reporting that the file had come from an unknown location and needed "unblocking". I did this and everything is fixed! Whoopeee!

Comment

Working...
                              X