• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More Silver Theme Modifications!

Hey guys,

Im using V11.

Silver theme.

Ive inspected my own site using firebug, and ive successfully amended some CSS to get the desired result.

But i cant seem to find the CSS within Actinic!?!?

Code:
    .silver-sidebar-list-top h1 {
    Any help as to where i would find this CSS? Iwould have thought the Stylesheet but i can not find it!!

Originally posted by RoofingWarehous View Post
    Hey guys,

Im using V11.

Silver theme.

Ive inspected my own site using firebug, and ive successfully amended some CSS to get the desired result.

But i cant seem to find the CSS within Actinic!?!?

Code:
    .silver-sidebar-list-top h1 {
    Any help as to where i would find this CSS? Iwould have thought the Stylesheet but i can not find it!!
    The silver theme is in the style sheet but is one of the options added as a layout. Open the Design Libarary and search for the Theme Stylesheets, inside this you will find the Style for Silver Theme Layout.

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
    SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
    Custom Packages

Comment

Perfect! Found it!

Just cant get "border-radius" to function!

EDIT: Border radius does not show in Actinic, but does in browser.

Thankyou.

Comment

Originally posted by RoofingWarehous View Post
        Perfect! Found it!

Just cant get "border-radius" to function!

EDIT: Border radius does not show in Actinic, but does in browser.

Thankyou.
        Actinic built in browser is an old version of IE, I always use an external browser to check web pages.

Malcolm

SellerDeck Accredited Partner,
        SellerDeck 2016 Extensions, and
        Custom Packages

Comment

Do you know if you can create gradients using CSS, without images?

http://www.roofingwarehouse.co.uk/

What you think?

Comment

With CSS3 you can... have a look at this site where you can generate some cut-n-paste CSS3 code for gradients. http://gradients.glrzad.com/
            It won't work in all browsers, but most up to date browsers will show your gradients fine, just have a solid colour fallback for older browsers (like IE8) that don't understand CSS3.
            Steve Griggs.

"People in business often miss opportunities, mainly because they usually arrive dressed in overalls and looking like work."

www.kitchenwareonline.com
            www.microwave-repair.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Steve G Griggs View Post
              With CSS3 you can... have a look at this site where you can generate some cut-n-paste CSS3 code for gradients. http://gradients.glrzad.com/
              It won't work in all browsers, but most up to date browsers will show your gradients fine, just have a solid colour fallback for older browsers (like IE8) that don't understand CSS3.
              Top man! Thankyou.

It surprising how many people these days use the old old IE eh? :P

Comment

Originally posted by Steve G Griggs View Post
                Steve, reading the comment on that URL there seems to be a debate about wether CSS3 is a good idea, bearing in mind the browsers that may be incompatible do you think it will hurt the SEO for the site?

EDIT: Also found this great CSS3 reference page

http://www.w3schools.com/cssref/css3_browsersupport.asp

Comment

Actinic built in browser is an old version of IE
                  In version 11 you can set the internal preview to use any version of IE, up to the latest one you have installed. The setting is in Site Options | Layout | Site | Embedded Preview Compatibility.

bearing in mind the browsers that may be incompatible do you think it will hurt the SEO for the site?
                  Search engines don't render CSS styles, so it won't affect your SEO. However be aware that CSS3 is still something of a work in progress and not every element is fully or consistently supported by all browsers.
                  Bruce Townsend
                  Ecommerce Product Manager
                  Sellerdeck Ecommerce Solutions

Comment

Set it to IE8, the default IE9 setting that Actinic setup means the cart and checkout pages are totally messed up and you have no idea how they look.

Comment

Using CSS3 won't hurt your SEO or your visitors, as long as you take care to use fallbacks for browsers that don't understand CSS3, and don't use CSS3 features for your basic page layout.
                      New CSS3 introductions such as rounded corners, box shadow, text shadow and gradients are by and large fine and reasonably well supported by FF/Chrome/Safari/Opera/IE9/IE10(when it arrives...).
                      Bruce's comments are spot on, and I would agree with Lee about IE9 in Actinic preview mode trashing the checkout pages.
                      Steve Griggs.

"People in business often miss opportunities, mainly because they usually arrive dressed in overalls and looking like work."

www.kitchenwareonline.com
                      www.microwave-repair.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by brucet View Post
                        ... be aware that CSS3 is still something of a work in progress and not every element is fully or consistently supported by all browsers.
                        This is correct. CSS3 is actually designed as a "rolling implementation." What that means is they are releasing it in dribs and drabs, piecemeal fashion, as the various properties are finalized. I have mixed thoughts about that, but since it's been in the making for so many years I guess it's better to get it a little at a time than to wait years more for the whole body of work.
                        The future belongs to those who see possibilities before they become obvious.
                        - Theodore Levitt

Make your own eBooks

Comment

Working...
                        X