"Your account" customer email

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Your account" customer email

I've been trudging through "List Mails/All" to get rid of old unsent emails to stop V16's Unsent email warning at shut-down. I had several hundred "Your Account" emails that were sitting unsent, I'm assuming that these have been generated in the background, but never sent.

I understand that customer accounts don't become live until a sync or publish, but how & when are the notifications sent (I don't sync at the moment)?

Thanks.
    Air Tech Equipment Ltd - Online Airbrush, Craft & Graphics equipment supplier

I have the same problem

Anybody know how to get the customer account emails sent to the customer at the time? I am having to go through deleting unsent emails, huge number, taking ages, so that SD doesn't send emails to them automatically, which it has been doing so since I upgraded to 16.0.1 today.
    Regretting doing upgrade. Some customers are receiving emails confirming the despatch of their orders placed in 2009. Cannot stop them sending.

Sarah

Comment

I ended up deleting all my unsent manually........

After the fact I had a look at the database & the email status is recorded in the OrderMail table in the sStatus column. I'm a couple of million miles away from knowing what I'm doing in Access, but I imagine you could sort the table by sStatus & delete all records without a value in this column to get where you want.

Needless to say, be sure (100%) to copy a backup of the DB somewhere.

Comment

Took me 4 years to discover

Thanks. I have had some bad experiences when I have touched the database in Access, so I think I shall stick to manually deleting.

I have been using SD/Actinic since 2004, and have only just found out that since registration by the customer was introduced some years ago, in my case near the end of 2011, the Your Customer Account Details emails are created but not sent. No wonder so many customers ask me for their login details. It was only because of the new feature in 16.0.1, which I upgraded to last night, that I discovered this because of the send unsent emails prompt. I have started going through deleting these back to 2009, when the list begins - there are also a scattering of other unsent emails, such as order shipped. When I have much more time (ever?), I shall also delete the sent emails.

Presumably, once I have finished deleting the unsent, I can then start clicking Send Emails at least once a day to get SD to send the Your Customer Account Emails to customers who have registered. I have 7 websites to do this all on.

Sarah

Comment

Originally posted by saucysal View Post
          Presumably, once I have finished deleting the unsent, I can then start clicking Send Emails at least once a day to get SD to send the Your Customer Account Emails to customers who have registered. I have 7 websites to do this all on.
          Again not 100% certain, but I think that you will have to publish to web prior to sending the emails out for the accounts to be accessible - I'm sure someone will be able to confirm.

Comment

Yes, I think so too.

Yes, from what I understand that is the case. I do this frequently anyway.

Sarah

Comment

We found these emails by someone in the office clicking on send and hundred of very old emails went out to much confusion. So now I daily send, when are they meant to go and how?

Thanks Mash
              Mash

Comment

I think if you use the auto synchronisation in Business settings even if its set to run every 12 hours or so it updates customer accounts and sends their account emails without having to publish the site to web...... Maybe.

Comment

Working...
                X