Problems part 2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problems part 2

Ok, for our next problem. Sellerdeck will not show on one of our websites, any products. I can see them listed, I have it set to show on the menu bar, but it will not actually put our products anywhere visible online. Keep trying to update it, change things and re-open the program, but no matter what menu layout I select, it won't change anything.

So, an E-Comm platform that won't sell products. Anyone else had Sellerdeck refuse to show products?
    Working fine on all our other websites and was showing previously. Not updated anything, it's just all disappeared?

FYI - website: www.grittingsaltsupplies.co.uk

Comment

The site is showing your products.

eg: http://www.grittingsaltsupplies.co.u...ck-Salt-1.html

It looks as if you're having problems with the navigation menus. I'd be looking at that area to fix your problem.

Mike
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Yes, been trying every menu option to see if any will work, but no matter which menu set up I select, nothing changes. Products are listed in the site map if you go direct, but thats completely useless if people cannot use our website effectively.

Its not something I have not set up right, as you can see in our other websites

www.water-systems.co.uk
        www.salt-supplies.co.uk

For some reason, this site only, will not allow products to be displayed in a menu.

Thanks

Comment

Its not something I have not set up right, as you can see in our other websites
          You might be right, but that's a brave claim to make.

Your products are in the section 'Gritting Salt' but that's not appearing in the section menu which is odd.

I can't remember the various things that might cause this but I suspect this is where the problem is.

Things to look at include:

- check 'Hide on website' isn't ticked for the section.
          - Check the section links are being shown correctly. Try adding more sections and few dummy products so we can rule out it being a database error for the section that's not showing.
          - Check the section menu is generating links to the right depth of sections and not just the top level / fragment pages.

The problem is going to be in there somewhere.

Mike

Comment

thank you, I will check those. Esp the categories one as this is the only website we have that sells one product only, so good call.

Thanks

Comment

Sellerdeck can be a bit of a bugger sometimes. As it's developed there have become more places where things can be set that have an impact and they're sometimes spread all over the place.

Once we can eliminate a few things and test out a few options it should become clearer where the problem is.

Mike

Comment

Fixed it Mike, thank you.

I created a new product section and it showed up, so I just moved the products into the new section and renamed it, then deleted the one not showing.

No idea what, but thank you very much for your help. Thats the one thing I had not tried.

Comment

I’m glad it’s sorted.

One thing worth doing in cases like this is renaming the page name to match the section name. Sellerdeck won’t do this automatically and the page will keep the name it was given when the section was initially created.

Mike

Comment

Working...
                  X