X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2011 VAT Change

I wanted to make everyone aware of the following KB article:

http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=48683

These instructions cover how to implement the new 20% VAT rate in Actinic v8, v9 and v10.

Instructions for Actinic EPOS are below:

http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=48732
    Benjamin Dyer
    CEO - SellerDeck Ecommerce Software for SME's

SellerDeck is the new name for Actinic Desktop

Have you tried searching the Knowledge Base?

Ben,

We have 2 V10 sites one uses product prices entered inclusive of vat and one using product prices entered exclusive of vat. Unless I have misunderstood, your method for V10 only works for product prices entered exclusive of vat.

Will there be instructions issued to cater for V10 sites which have product prices entered inclusive of vat? Having several thousand products I don't fancy changing prices manually

Comment

Hi there,
      Just wanted to back Claude up here. We have a number of clients that are using inclusive tax method. Like Claude asked:

Will there be instructions issued to cater for V10 sites which have product prices entered inclusive of vat?
      This is a failrly urgent requirement I would have thought. We cannot be the only two people with sites that is using the inclusive tax method. Any help from the community or the Actinic Support team would be greatly appreciated.
      Regards.

Lee Jackson
      Creative Director

Centurius Design & Marketing
      Centurius Website
      Portfolio of Work

Comment

I've got a few clients who enter their prices inclusive of VAT.

Can we have some guidance on this please Actinic?
        Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
        SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
        Based in rural Northants

Comment

Assuming you are not going to absorb the vat on the current price and intend to increase prices to account for the extra vat, you will need a formula such as this to change the prices:

=ROUND((A1/1.175)*1.2,0)

This assumes your price is in pence and the original price is in cell A1. Change the A1 to suit where your price is in your spreadsheet. You should be able to update price by just using a flat file if hierarchicals make you froth at the mouth like they do me.

If you're absorbing the change and just sticking with the current price, then it's just a case of updating the tax in settings - business settings and updating the site, i'd have thought.

Comment

Originally posted by Benjamin Dyer View Post
            These instructions cover Actinic v8, v9 and v10.
            I know it says this in the article Ben but please could you change this line to reflect it also:
            Instructions for v10 users to implement the new 20% VAT rate:

Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

All our prices are entered inclusive of VAT also. What's the position please?
              Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

We are just checking.

Suspect its the same as last year, but we will double check and post here today.
                Benjamin Dyer

Comment

Excel can do funny things with commas which will complicate the process for some users.

We are looking at the best way of how to do this as painlessly as possible.

Will post back when I have more, should not be too long
                  Darren

SellerDeck

www.sellerdeck.co.uk

Comment

We are not going to go the Excel route, but are going to use some sql to do the updates, I don't have it yet but it will be in the next fews days, in plenty of time before the change.
                    Darren

SellerDeck

www.sellerdeck.co.uk

Comment

We have something this end now, needs testing but hope to have it up here Thursday.
                      Darren

SellerDeck

www.sellerdeck.co.uk

Comment

13th December and things still being worked on? was anything actually learnt from the last time, i thought this was all set to be in place well before time. Man you make yourselves look so amateurish at times.

Comment

Yes Lee, its being worked on, we have some SQL people can run on the way. Codepath also have a plugin that can deal with this.

Its worth pointing out we have had the instructions for those that list stock exclusive of VAT since early November. Listing products inclusive of VAT is obviously a different challenge.

You would appreciate with something as sensitive as making wholesale price changes it needs a lot of testing.
                          Benjamin Dyer

Comment

Originally posted by Benjamin Dyer View Post
                            You would appreciate with something as sensitive as making wholesale price changes it needs a lot of testing.
                            Absolutely Ben, i wholeheartedly agree, your customers are clearly beginning to get itchy feet. Given how long it's been known about and the troubles experienced last year, I guess I just imagined things being in place thoroughly tested by the end of November at the very latest. IIRC this was also what we were told, maybe you guys are just a lot cooler than the rest of us and see working on something this big a week before Christmas week as the norm.

Comment

We have had a solution for handling the VAT change in place for a while now. Opting for the VAT inclusive route on your products is a very different behaviour. While I don't want to be drawn into the nuances of the two options the solution we are looking at here is really just an easy way to increase prices throughout the catalogue, a very different solution to handling VAT separately.

It would have been very easy to have simply thrown people into Excel and the oddities this brings, but following the comments on this thread we want to help with this problem as its clearly useful. Its also worth pointing out that for the last two VAT changes inclusive pricing has not been raised as a problem before, I presume that most merchants simply absorbed the changes.

If you can't wait for our solution I suggest you review the Codepath plugin: http://www.codepath.co.uk/actinic-pl...ce-manager.htm
                              Benjamin Dyer

Comment

Working...
                              X