X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic Desktop is now called SellerDeck

Quick link to the FAQ

Dear Customer,

In the 16 years since we started Actinic, we’ve gained tens of thousands of customers both in the UK and Worldwide by providing the most appropriate e-commerce systems and services for small and mid-sized businesses. Our customers are some of the most successful merchants, demanding high levels of quality, trust and support and it’s very important that we keep you informed about what’s happening at Actinic.

As you are probably aware, last year we signed a strategic partnership with Oxatis, Europe’s leading SaaS e-commerce provider. Offering a fully-featured online solution is something we’ve been asked to do for years, and we have been pleased to provide this with Actinic Online.

Since we signed the agreement, Actinic Online and Actinic Desktop have been marketed together. However, over time it is more difficult to explain the differences to new customers, which does cause some confusion. This is something we expected, because these are two very different business models, addressing different customer needs.

Maintaining a clear focus is essential for long term success in business, which is why we're announcing some changes.

SellerDeck is the new name for Actinic Desktop

The most significant change is that we are rebranding Actinic Desktop as SellerDeck.

What this means is that over the next few weeks, the company name, together with its web site, community, knowledge base, products and services will be updated to incorporate the SellerDeck brand in place of Actinic.

Everything else will stay the same. SellerDeck is supplied by the same registered company you’re used to dealing with, offering the same products and services. It will be owned, managed and staffed by the same people.

However, we’d like this to be more than a simple name change.

What lies at the heart of our business is a passion for helping small and mid-sized companies to grow sales. That’s why we have always worked to deliver affordable and functional products that tightly integrate all the key components you need to sell online, such as hosting, payments, fraud detection and feedback.

This will continue and over the next year we will be announcing a program of adding additional services while increasing our development push to give SellerDeck enterprise-level features at a small business price point.

Web site, community and emails

Information about SellerDeck and (former) Actinic Desktop products can now be found at www.sellerdeck.co.uk. The www.actinic.co.uk web site will no longer carry details of SellerDeck products and services. Actinic Community will be rebranded the SellerDeck Community on Wednesday 20th June and can be accessed from community.SellerDeck.com today. Please update your bookmarks accordingly.

Emails from SellerDeck staff and systems will be migrating from Actinic in the next few days.

SellerDeck 2013

I’d like to introduce SellerDeck 2013 (Actinic Desktop v12), which incorporates a number of features that have been requested on the wish list including a new and revamped search capability and advanced inventory filtering. This will enable your customers to shop by filters you can set such as brand, size and colours.

SellerDeck 2013 has had several years of development effort and we think you're going to love it. SellerDeck 2013 will be fully backwards compatible with previous Actinic Desktop versions. We are also releasing a new maintenance version of Actinic v11 on public beta today.

Our goal remains to create great products and services that help our customers stand out from the crowd. We are committed to our customers and our products for the long haul.

For a more personal explanation of the change, see the video by founder Chris Barling here.

SellerDeck Conference

Finally we would like to announce that we are planning on holding our ever popular user conference again this year. This will once again be in partnership with our friends PayPal and held at their prestigious Richmond headquarters.

The "SellerDeck Ecommerce Horizons Conference" is scheduled for October 17th, further details to follow very soon. The emphasis will be on providing ideas about how you can be yet more successful in partnership with SellerDeck.

We appreciate there will be a lot of questions so we have started to compile an FAQ (on our new site) or here (community). if there is something we haven't covered you would like explained please simply email, join one of the SellerDeck conferences or simply reply to this thread.
    Benjamin Dyer
    CEO - SellerDeck Ecommerce Software for SME's

Have you tried searching the Knowledge Base?

Hmm...

Is it just me or is the name 'Sellerdeck' a little awkward??

Would love to hear more about the brain storming session when that one was decided upon....
    florian@between.co.uk
    www.between.co.uk

Comment

Hi Bruce,

Thanks for the update. It's nice to have it all explained.

I've used Actinic for 8 or 9 years now and the name Actinic is now so ingrained in me that I have to admit I'll have trouble getting to terms with the new name.

I do see the need to market the two products separately but it does seem odd to me that you're rebranding the existing product that is already well known and has all the established brand associations. Clearly the new online business must be the growth opportunity and you want to leverage the existing brand but I would have the the Actinic name was strong enough to exist as a parent brand without having to drop it from the desktop product,

Ahh... After reading the sellerdeck FAQs I see that the Actinic brand has been transferred to Oxatis. Does this mean that Actinic (the company and people) are no longer involved in the online side of things?

Mike
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Originally posted by Florian View Post
        Hmm...

Is it just me or is the name 'Sellerdeck' a little awkward??

Would love to hear more about the brain storming session when that one was decided upon....
        Hi Florian,

Over the past few months I've learn that rebranding a company is hard work! The hardest part however was choosing our new identity.

The inputs into the new name really comes from our aspirations, our goal is to become a software and services company. We want to provide you with tools you need to sell more, a deck of services.

With that in mind we spent days, and I'm really not joking, searching the web, running trademark searches, looking for available domains. Its really tough! We were also keen to move away from an ambiguous name, while Actinic has served us well we wanted our refresh to be different.

Hope that helps explain some of the decisions.
        Benjamin Dyer

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Hughes View Post
          After reading the sellerdeck FAQs I see that the Actinic brand has been transferred to Oxatis. Does this mean that Actinic (the company and people) are no longer involved in the online side of things?
          Hi Mike,

A few staff have transferred over to Actinic online, hence a spate of hiring. Also just to confirm we are two separate companies now.
          Benjamin Dyer

Comment

I hope you didn't pay consultants megabucks to come up with the new name. It's awful.
            Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

Originally posted by guccij View Post
              I hope you didn't pay consultants megabucks to come up with the new name. It's awful.

Sorry you don't like, feedback has been universally good but everyone has different tastes. Like everything change takes time to get used to.
              Benjamin Dyer

Comment

was that the only "off the shelf" company name they had left?

Comment

Originally posted by paulh69 View Post
                  was that the only "off the shelf" company name they had left?
                  Ouch! That would have been cheaper, trust me.
                  Benjamin Dyer

Comment

Will always be Actinic to me, grew up with it.

Why change something that has worked so well for sixteen years ?

Any name change should of been directed at the online version, which is clearly where Actinic see it's future.

Actinic has done several things to annoy me in the last six months and this just adds to the list.
                    www.devotedly-discus.co.uk

Comment

Looking at http://www.actinic.co.uk/, I see there's no reference to SellerDeck anywhere, only Actinic Online. This highly biased towards AO, how will people find the desktop solution, or don't you want them to? At least add "Actinic has changed" somewhere!

Malcolm
                      ¤ The world wide web needn't cost the earth
                      ¤ ARTISAN INTERNET LTD
                      ¤ www.artinet.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by Artisan View Post
                        Looking at http://www.actinic.co.uk/, I see there's no reference to SellerDeck anywhere, only Actinic Online. This highly biased towards AO, how will people find the desktop solution, or don't you want them to? At least add "Actinic has changed" somewhere!
                        Hi Malcolm, there is a link on the homepage on the right hand side. Appreciate its not easy to spot.
                        Benjamin Dyer

Comment

I quite like the name, whatever name had been chosen though it wouldn't have pleased everyone.

Regards,
                          Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                          Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                          A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                          Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                          Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                          Multichannel order processing
                          Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Originally posted by Benjamin Dyer View Post
                            Hi Malcolm, there is a link on the homepage on the right hand side. Appreciate its not easy to spot.
                            Put it above the fold!

Malcolm
                            ¤ The world wide web needn't cost the earth
                            ¤ ARTISAN INTERNET LTD
                            ¤ www.artinet.co.uk

Comment

Am I the only one who hates this? Sounds like desktop's being marginalised.

Why change a name that is well established and familiar to hundreds of thousands and give it to a new product that is one of very many self build shop websites?

Yet more evidence that I am getting old I suppose.

And is Sellerdeck and support going to remain in West Byfleet or will it disappear overseas?

So sad about this...
                              Jonathan Chappell
                              Website Designer
                              SellerDeck Website Designer
                              Actinic to SellerDeck upgrades
                              Graphicz Limited - www.graphicz.co.uk

Comment

Working...
                              X