No announcement yet.

Actinic Desktop is now called SellerDeck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic Software Limited (company number 3221222) has changed its name to SellerDeck Limited (company number 3221222).

So simply a name change, no other change.

Chris

Comment

Actinic originally was the premier name for helping people start brand new ecommerce businesses. With the developments over the years like true multi-user capabilities, the fact you can control every pixel of your design and the speed you get from pre-generating the HTML, Actinic has become much more relevant for medium sized businesses.

At the same time, SaaS solutions have become more appropriate for start ups. That’s why the Actinic name has stayed with Actinic Online.
      Benjamin Dyer
      CEO - SellerDeck Ecommerce Software for SME's

SellerDeck is the new name for Actinic Desktop

Have you tried searching the Knowledge Base?

Comment

Does this mean that Chris Barling and the other owners of 'SellerDeck' no longer have any influence or control of Actinic Online (assuming they ever did after the merger/Oxatis agreement) or do they still have a stake in the new 'Actinic'

If they don't all that has happened is that a company I had never heard of until recently has bought the tradename 'Actinic' a well known and established name in the ecommerce world and Actinic are back to where they were before the arrival of Oxatis with the same product and services but with a new unknown name.

My worry would be how well 'SellerDeck' can attract new customers in the vast sea of competitors. Will the same computer magazines that every year review the current Actinic desktop version be know featuring Actinic Online (Oxatis in disguise) and ignoring the unkown software 'SellerDeck'.
        Darren Guppy
        Golf Tee Warehouse
        Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

Comment

Chaps - the link to South Africa site on the new sellerdeck.co.uk site don't work
          www.devotedly-discus.co.uk

Comment

On Actinic Payments, there's no immediate change, and the service will continue to be shared between Actinic Online and SellerDeck.

This may change in the future (no final decision has been made), but if it changes to SellerDeck Payments, that will be after the brand name has started getting established.

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by guccij View Post
              I guess it's up to them to prove me wrong.
              Come along to one of the Webinars and take a look at the features planned for SellerDeck 2013. We are aggressively developing our product, as we always have. As stated in the FAQ we plan to have a major release every year, focus on our products is not a problem.
              Benjamin Dyer

Comment

I don’t normally post in forum posts, but I have to say I think the change is a good thing. Yes the name will take some getting used, but overtime I’m sure it will be rolling off the tongue.

And what’s wrong with the word Deck anyway? TweetDeck did alright out of it.

I think it should be seen as an opportunity to help the desktop software evolve and enhance future development. I’ve used Actinic since Actinic 5, when I was a wee Junior Web Developer, and the main thing I’ve always focused on what is what it can do, and not what it’s called.

Comment

The relationship between SellerDeck and Actinic Online is fairly complex with some cross shareholding, regular co-ordination meetings etc.

All of the UK staff of Actinic Online (Oxatis) used to work for Actinic Software Limited, and the two companies still share the same building in West Byfleet.

Chris

Comment

Although I am not a great fan of the new name I am not particularly bothered what the new name is. Perhaps Actinic Towers should have a run a forum thread getting suggestions as I am sure many better names could have been offered.
                    A large number of the ecommerce solutions seem to have 'Cart' in the name, which makes it clear immediately what the software is, but what is done is done and just hope the name soon becomes as well known as Actinic but am sure it will take several years and would be concerned that any drop is sales revenue as a result of the name change will have a detrimental effect on the development of the product.
                    Darren Guppy
                    Golf Tee Warehouse
                    Golf Tees and Golf Accessories.

Comment

Originally posted by Sean Williams View Post
                      But what does matter is transferring support staff to Online and hiring for SellerDeck - this is yet another affront to us poor long-suffering contract-paying users.
                      Support has always veered between extremely poor to almost acceptable, but it's never been good and now I guess it's going to be be poor yet again while new hirees are trained up.
                      The support team is not changed. Two of our original team moved to the online product a year ago and were replaced immediately, therefore there is no new hire lag.
                      Benjamin Dyer

Comment

Originally posted by mediamole View Post
                        And what’s wrong with the word Deck anyway? TweetDeck did alright out of it.
                        Twitter bought Tweetdeck and immediately comprehensively degraded the product so that it is now a poor shadow of its former self
                        Reusable Snore Earplugs : Sample Earplugs - Wax Earplugs - Women's Earplugs - Children's Earplugs - Music Earplugs - Sleep Masks

Comment

I can't say that I like the name too much - I'm more concerned with the fact that I've just spent over £500 on promotional material for.... you guessed it.... Actinic (desktop)!!
                          Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
                          SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
                          Based in rural Northants

Comment

I see that no one has tested the revamped actinic.co.uk website on IE8..... the graphics are appaling but look fine on IE9 and FF
                            Elysium:Online - Official Accredited SellerDeck Partner
                            SellerDeck Design, Build, Hosting & Promotion
                            Based in rural Northants

Comment

I downloaded V11.03 from sellerdeck this morning and upgraded 1 site. No mention of this being Beta until V11.03 Beta was announced on the forum.

So people downloading the 30 day trial are actually using a Beta product that may well not be put into production.
                              Regards

Jason

Titan Jewellery (Swift Design)
                              Zirconium Rings
                              Damascus Steel Rings

Comment

Originally posted by Buzby View Post
                                I downloaded V11.03 from sellerdeck this morning and upgraded 1 site. No mention of this being Beta until V11.03 Beta was announced on the forum.

So people downloading the 30 day trial are actually using a Beta product that may well not be put into production.
                                Its actually been in test for quite some time, new customers will get 11.0.3 from the get go as we are pretty happy with it. One of the reasons for wanting to put it though the standard beta program is to do with upgrading, a problem new customers won't get. Also, there are a lot of major improvements in 11.0.3 it would be silly not to get it out as soon as possible.
                                Benjamin Dyer

Comment

Working...
                                X