Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic EPOS Software

We're thinking of purchasing an Actinic EPOS system and was just wondering:

1) I run V8 Catalog at the moment and was wondering if it will integrate with Actinic EPOS software?

2) What's everyones experience with setting it up? Easy? Pitfalls?

3) We've already got a serial scanner, could we use this within the system?

Kind regards
    www.ecclestonanglingcentre.co.uk

We currently have not integrated Actinic Epos with our v8 but our experiences of Actinic EPOS have been pretty good.

We already had hardware such as printer, cash drawer etc from using another Epos system and all of these are used without problem with Actinic.

We did cheat in the set-up, as we considered it cost effect to pay Actinic to visit our shop and install it for us. This included taking our database from our existing Epos software and transferring it across to Actinic. Not a 100% success, but this was mainly due to our old Epos software.

After sales support has been very good if we have contacted Actinic Staff (mainly James) directly by email.

Comment

I get the impression from looking about the site that Actinic Catalog V8 will not link up with Actinic EPOS and will only work from Actinic Business upwards?

Can ayone confirm this?

Comment

Hi Bun

Yes, that's right. Actinic EPOS Link is only available with Actinic Business.

Comment

Actinic Epos is fairly easy to use, my only gripe is that when you run up against a problem the manual is badly written and does not cover every issue. I am waiting for a response to a query I have and that is another gripe - the wait is too long. Day to day Actinic Epos runs smoothly and to be fair the problems are few and far between. I have recommended Actinic to various small local businesses as it is affordable compared to other packages and had most of my wants included. I hope Actinic keep up with updating our wish list asap though!

Comment

Originally posted by eni
            Actinic Epos is fairly easy to use, my only gripe is that when you run up against a problem the manual is badly written and does not cover every issue. I am waiting for a response to a query I have and that is another gripe - the wait is too long. Day to day Actinic Epos runs smoothly and to be fair the problems are few and far between. I have recommended Actinic to various small local businesses as it is affordable compared to other packages and had most of my wants included. I hope Actinic keep up with updating our wish list asap though!
            Did you raise this query on the forum, or did you call into support? If you give me more details of what the issue is, then I can look into for you.

Comment

Originally posted by cdicken
              Hi Bun

Yes, that's right. Actinic EPOS Link is only available with Actinic Business.
              Hi Chris - that's bit of a bummer!! What's the score with upgrading from Catalog V8 to Business price wise?

Hope your band is going well? I've got a bit of work via a few friends of mine 'round these parts who are going out under the guise of a p**s take folk band called the Lancashire Hotpots......you'll have to look out for them, quite a funny take on things :-)

Comment

Working...
              X