Beta Snapshot to full version

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Beta Snapshot to full version

Over the next couple of weeks I will be in the position to launch a new site and I am quite prepared to use a vanilla(ish) v10 site.

If I do this will I be able to import the current beta snapshot into the next beta version and so on until the production version is made available?

Is this the correct place to ask this question or should I be at the getsatisfaction site?
    Unusual Silver Jewellery
    Giftmill - Unusual Gifts
    Crystal Healing Jewellery
    Steampunk Jewellery

It is not a good idea to use a beta products in any way for a live site, even by passing a snapshot along to the next beta or production release. I'm sure Actinic will not guarantee that your snapshot will work - it's certainly not a supported route.

I would recommend you develop on v905 and then upgrade to v10 when it is released.

Anything can happen with a beta release and there may be restrictions regarding importing and exporting snapshots as there is with the trial downloads. You could end up wasting a lot of work.

I expect the upgrade path from v9 to v10 to be good and the only area that may need particular attention may be the checkout depending on your customisation.

Comment

Thanks for that Duncan.

Just thought it would be a good test for the new version. I will probably develop the site in the beta version and just publish it locally. There won't be many products so I will just use it as a learning exercise for me and a workout for the beta testing.
      Unusual Silver Jewellery
      Giftmill - Unusual Gifts
      Crystal Healing Jewellery
      Steampunk Jewellery

Comment

Thats a good idea Andy. If you come across any oddities pls make sure you report them via Get Satisfaction.

Duncan is correct, the best route at this stage would be a v9 build then upgrade it when we reach v10 production.
        Benjamin Dyer
        CEO - SellerDeck Ecommerce Software for SME's

SellerDeck is the new name for Actinic Desktop

Have you tried searching the Knowledge Base?

Comment

Working...
        X