Paypal confirmation email

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paypal confirmation email

Since yesterday, anyone who orders from us and pays by Paypal hasn't been getting our standard confirmation email...

anyone else experiencing this?
    Nigel
    Actinic user with history
    www.nigelsecostore.com

is it many? Paypal users often don't get the confirmation as it's only sent if they click the link to return to the website.

Comment

Is there not a way to fix this so that they are redirected back to actinic as soon as the payment is made?

about 60% of the people who are placing orders on my site are not clicking the link and not getting an e mail. Lots of them then phone to see if we got the order

I have tried bruce's suggestion here: http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=30200

but I am not sure if this is to get them to see the correct page when they do click return to merchant or to automatically bounce them back to my receipt page after they have paid.

Any help would be great

Thanks,

Alex

Comment

Drives me mad too, having to manually send emails to PayPal customers.
        https://www.harrisontelescopes.co.uk/

Ed Harrison - Menmuir Scotland

Comment

surely it can't be possible that you are unable to redirect people back to your site in the same way that all other payment providers do?

Comment

Hi - did you get anywhere with this? I've been all over the forum and although there is lots of talk about it I could not find a simple step-by-step solution - not for v10 anyway.

Jez

Comment

I am afraid not. There seems to be no way to forec it to forward you back to actinic after the receipt page in pay pal is shown. I am now moving to ogone and will use pay pal through them so it will be on the ogone payment pages (I hope).

Alex

Comment

The solution you're looking for is here: http://community.actinic.com/showpos...60&postcount=1
                -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Unfortunately this doesn't seem to work for me. I have removed the s from https but otherwise checked the route to the cgi bin and used that as per the posted link.

Paypal still stops on the page after payment and doesn't send me back to the actinic receipt page unfortunately.

Thanks for the suggestion though, it obviously seems to work for some people!

Alex

Comment

Odd that it doesn't as there's very little to go wrong. Sometimes the workings of payapl are mystery so maybe this is just one of these times.

What should happen is that ticking the auto-return 'on' box and supplying a return url will lead to paypal displaying a page that says something along the linse of 'the sellers website has requested that you be returned to their website for a receipt' along with an option to abort the redirect if they want to. In my experience the vast majority go with the flow and return to the website.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

That method actually caused paypal to drop out or to hang when navigating to the paypal page, occasionally for me.

As soon as a I switched off, everything was fine again.

so, I just send the mails myself, but then, I have pretty low volumes
                      The Patchwork Rabbit

Comment

I tried and tried to get the integration to push people back to the site after payment for the receipt page... but just couldnt get it to work.

Its a real pain, because if people dont return to my site after paying with paypal not only do they not get a receipt.. but their purchase is not registered as a 'goal' on google analytics or adwords.. This means all the google conversion data is pretty useless too..

Also the paypal integration doesnt pass over the list of items from the checkout... it just bundles them all together under the order number. I have a few customers who are disconcerted by this and email me asking if their order is ok.

It would be so much better if the orderlines were passed to actinic... Its not hard to do.. a friend of mine managed to do it on his home built shopping cart ! So that all orderlines are passed to Actinic... why doesnt actinic do this?

I wish Actinic would improve the paypal integration... I have paypal in addition to HSBC merchant payments... well over HALF my customers choose to pay using paypal rather than use the merchant account option.. Paypals reach seems to be increasing.. not decreasing as most people seemed to predict.. The actinic paypal integration really needs to be bought up to date.
                        Arka Tribal Jewellery

Comment

I often don't get Paypal emails when uchasing through ebay so In think it's normal.
                          Michael Goodwin

Comment

Originally posted by flare View Post
                            I often don't get Paypal emails when purchasing through ebay so I think it's normal.

Off (actinic) topic - me neither, though other way round. I made a sale on ebay, punter paid, nobody told me (by email) so I didn't know.

Unless I logged into pp account and then checked ebay - not something you need to do, unless you have a reason.
                            Paul
                            Flower-Stands.co.uk - the UK's largest online supplier of Fresh Flower Merchandising Stands

Using V10.2 with Norman's brilliantly simple TABBER.

Comment

Working...
                            X