Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Editing Invoice Layouts...

Hi

Does anyone know if there is a program I can edit Actinic site documents in, for Mac OS X..?

Cheers

I'm not sure what you are referring to when you say 'site documents'.

The invoices and other reports can only be edited using Crystal Reports 8.5 - this is windows software and will not run on Mac unless you use parallels or similar. Similarly with Actinic, there is no Mac version.

If you wish to edit the layouts etc externally to Actinic on a Mac then there are numerous Mac programs available. Most people however find that the editing facilities in Actinic are good enough after the initial site design has been created. Actinic has an add-in for Dreamweaver that allows you to register external designs so it is common to use Dreamweaver for initial layout design work.

Comment

Hi Duncan

Thanks for that. All I want to do is just add some branding and change some colours really. It's just that I will only have access to a Mac this weekend...

I've got a copy of Dreamweaver on my Mac. Could you point me in the right direction of any docs to help me edit layout..?

Cheers

Comment

If you're talking of the reports then you will need to understand how to use Crystal Reports 8.5 and of course have the software itself.

If you're talking of html design layouts then that will depend on just what you want to do and whether you are using a standard theme or not. If you already have a design for Actinic then you will find it much easier to edit it in Actinic rather than DW. Maybe you could access your Actinic machine via logmein or similar. The Actinic help files are good but you will need a basic understanding of html coding. Make lots of snapshot backups along the way.

Comment

OK mate, will do. HTML isn't bad, so will have crack over Teamviewer on the weekend... Cheers..!

Comment

Working...
          X