Problem completing order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Problem completing order

So new problem plagues since 19th june and i have tried all i know and the suggestions put forward here in previous, similar problems and got no further.

The check out hangs without going to sellerdeck payments! It freezes on SAVING YOUR ORDER.
    Www.danish-homestore.com

Check the pspform and that does not show any issues.

Check any design changes and no issues flagged.

Run troubleshoot to check perl.

Informed isp (active24) of script settings and await their reply.
    Contacted sellerdeck support who will help for payment only! Impressive customer service.

Is there anything that you could suggest that i may have missed as i have been forced to suspend online ordering?

Thanks
    I will post trouble shoot results if they could help.

Simon

It sounds like an SMTP problem.

When sellerdeck passes to the psp it also tries to send the 'You have a new order' email. If it has problems sending the email then the script freezes. It's a known problem and should have been fixed by now (if it hasn't yet - I have to admit I haven't seen anything suggesting it has been).

Your error file does seem to have plenty of SMTP errors. For example.

Program = ORDERSCR, Program version = 25252 , HTTP Server = Apache , Return code = 999 , Date and Time = 2014/06/02 22:01, Internal Errors = Error returned from SMTP server (1: )
    So it does look as if your email smtp is the problem. I'd fix this and see if the problem goes away.

Mike

PS. As a quick fix you could try disabling the 'new order' email. It would also confirm if this is the problem.

PPS. Sellerdeck only charge for telephone support. You can get free support online via the contact details at the bottom of the support page. Click the 'Support Center' link at the top of the page.
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Thanks

Errorlog downloaded and reviewed.

I have got active24 on twitter and reported the problem.

Will do 2 things. Upgrade and take the 1.5hr training course.

Would it cause a problem that i renamed the index.htm file in acatalog so as not to have 2 index files which is punished by google? site is up and working to the fault in checkout?

Date and Time = 2014/06/18 23:34, Internal Errors = Error returned from SMTP server (1: )
      Program = SearchSc, Program version = 25135 , HTTP Server = Apache , Return code = 999 , REPORTED TO ACTIVE

Date and Time = 2014/06/19 12:40, Internal Errors = The requested file (index.html) is outside the scope of the script. If you believe the requested page should be served please contact the site operator. ?

Comment

So the problem is ACTIVE24 server for certain.

Changed pass words and tested network settings.
        Actinic Mail Test completed successfully
        server: passed
        connection: passed
        sockets: passed
        communications: failed
        authorisation: failed

Also took new copy of error log and

Date and Time = 2014/06/23 14:58, Internal Errors = Error returned from SMTP server (1: 535 5.7.3 Authentication unsuccessful
        )
        Program = MailForm, Program version = 22784 , HTTP Server = Apache , Return code = 999 ,

Date and Time = 2014/06/23 16:30, Internal Errors = Error returned from SMTP server (1: 535 5.7.3 Authentication unsuccessful
        )
        Program = MailForm, Program version = 22784 , HTTP Server = Apache , Return code = 999 ,

Now waiting for ACTIVE to get their act together.

also is it possible to run a check on A000.cat file as it appears an awful lot in the error logs as corrupt.?

Comment

also is it possible to run a check on A000.cat file as it appears an awful lot in the error logs as corrupt.?
          If you do a site refresh then this file will be regenerated.

Also worth thinking about:

1. As it's looking more and more like an SMTP problem have you tried disabling the 'new order email' to see if this at least allows orders to be placed.

2. Check your email address in sellerdeck is 'on domain'. ie is something like something@danish-homestore.com

3. A work around to SMPT problems is to use the sendmail patch that Norman has developed. You can find it with full instructions at the bottom of the page here. http://www.drillpine.biz/actinicstuff/archive.html

Mike

Comment

I am going round in circles

Active say that it is NOT a problem their end.

I tried turning off all email and still the problem is there!!

Changed Smtp to their generic Smtpmail.active24.com
            That fails when i test the network settings

Then change it back to old settings Mamutmail.com which is what they are now where i catalog hanging in checkout page 2!

Network test
            Actinic Mail Test completed successfully
            server: passed
            connection: passed
            sockets: passed
            communications: passed
            authorisation: passed

Won;t work with LOCALhost

Support are looking at it and have done a test purchase with a copy site they are running

What am i missing to test or change??

Comment

When you tried with no email, did you refresh or update the site before testing a purchase?

Similarly, with the old / mamutmail settings which pass the network test, did you update / refresh before testing a purchase?

I'm just checking because after changing a network setting you have to update the site for the new settings to take effect.

All the previous information is in line with a host no longer allowing email relaying. ie where you use their smtp server to send your emails. There are various levels of relaying they might allow, such as sending to your own email domain, but it's very hard to say for sure which bit is causing the block.

Hosts have been tightening up their email relaying rules as an attempt to stop spam.

If all else fails, you probably need to find a host that will allow you to relay emails from sellerdeck, such as Sellerdeck hosting, or use the sendmail patch I referred to earlier.

Of course it might be something else, but I'd be surprised.

Mike

Comment

Just as another thought, and partly because I worry a bit about my own email deliverability as I'm using the sendmail patch on 1&1 due to similar problems, there are various smtp service providers such as sendgrid that might be a solution to this.

Sendgrid's lite plan allows 10,000 emails a month for just $1*. So, if it is a problem with smtp then this might be a good, cheap solution.

Mike

* They also appear to have a free option for up to 200 emails a day. From what I can see there is no time limit on this.

Comment

Working...
                X