Enable Network Setup in Business Client v10 without requiring Designer v10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Enable Network Setup in Business Client v10 without requiring Designer v10

How can I enable Network Setup for a client that uses Business Client version 10 whose network settings are greyed out?

I have Sellerdeck Designer version 11 and you can import a BC snapshot and re-export as a design snapshot with the network setup enabled. However, the versions must be the same because we can't import v11 snapshot in to Actinic v10.
    My client is unwilling to upgrade to Sellerdeck version 11. I don't have Designer v10 and I dont think it is available either. You also can't use an unlicensed trial version to do this.

Is there some database or registry hack to enable the network settings in my clients Actinic BC v10?

I don't know how to enable the Network Setup itself.

But, in Access, look in ActinicCatalog.mdb, table Setup2. This should let you tweak the greyed out settings.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Also, when you install an SD trial, one of the install options may be to choose the version. Isn't Designer available then?
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Hi Norman,

I'm fairly sure that you can't import a snapshot created by the trial software. I'll try it to check.

Thanks.

Comment

Well, hush my mouth. I just tested and found that you can use a trial version of Actinic Designer v10 to import a licensed Business Client snapshot, then export a design snapshot that has network set-up enabled, and import the snapshot successfully in to licensed Actinic Business Client.
          Lesson learned.

Comment

Working...
          X