Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bonjour View Post
    Wesley,

From what I can gather from Actinic, they are only reducing it by 1 page in V10.

I have come across a site where everything is neatly put on one page, but I cannot find the url to show you, that to me would be the best option:

Invoice address
    Delivery address
    Payment
    Other General bits

If I can find it (cos it's bugging me now) I will post it here.
    I think this is what you were thinking about http://blog.stinkyinkshop.co.uk/acti...out-speed.html

Very neat but only works with a single PSP.

Regards

Nigel
    Offering a wide range of shade loving plants suitable for the woodland garden. http://www.plantsforshade.co.uk

Comment

Fergus
      Have you tested this on the U.S. version on Actinic?
      Dave
      www.baypressservices.com
      www.baypressservices.com

Comment

This is a great improvement - good work Fergus.
        I agree about the country drop down - I'd have it on the same page as the address input (if it was possible).
        One thing, I did find it a bit disconcerting when the info already input slides out of view - it may benefit from another Back button at the top of the fields section.
        Kind Regards
        Sean Williams

Calamander Ltd

Comment

Hi Fergus,

How are you coping with multiple payment providers?
          John Sollars
          MD at Stinkyink.Com
          Ph 01746 781020
          Fx 01746 781698
          Em John (at) Stinkyink dot Com

Comment

Hi John,
            For the time being, in this incarnation, we are deferring to Actinic's own processing for the various payments service providers.
            We made the decision that if we can improve the customer interface to make the experience more seamless whilst entering their details then a page post from the payment option screen would be a satisfactory sacrifice.
            This means that it handles all the options that Actinic can offer as it deals with them in the same way. In the demos the payment options all handle processing on the one page (we'll add a PSP to the demo shortly) however using a PSP would still require a Page post/bounce anyway.

Having started down this single checkout route the feedback we have received has been great and already people have suggested alternative features foor different checkout requirements for different purposes. For this reason we are looking at the possibility of extending the functionality of this plugin and also developing another, different version of this, which tackles some other challenges that some people have requested e.g. Shipping/invoice addresses and location on same area etc.
            Fergus Weir - teclan ltd
            Ecommerce Digital Marketing

SellerDeck Responsive Web Design

SellerDeck Hosting
            SellerDeck Digital Marketing

Comment

Originally posted by plantsforshade View Post
              I think this is what you were thinking about http://blog.stinkyinkshop.co.uk/acti...out-speed.html

Very neat but only works with a single PSP.

Regards

Nigel
              Does anyone know if this plugin works with Actinic v7 ?

Comment

Hi Gavin,

We developed it in V8 and have upgraded it for V9, but at the time didn't have a working V7 site to test it on. We think it should work, but can't offer any support because as I say we don't have a working version (or even the software anymore) of V7
                John Sollars
                MD at Stinkyink.Com
                Ph 01746 781020
                Fx 01746 781698

Comment

Originally posted by john@stinkyink. View Post
                  Hi Gavin,

We developed it in V8 and have upgraded it for V9, but at the time didn't have a working V7 site to test it on. We think it should work, but can't offer any support because as I say we don't have a working version (or even the software anymore) of V7
                  I'd be happy to test it on our v7 website?

Comment

Hi Gavin,

Please feel free, Rob says the good thing is that if it doesn't work at least your site will continue to work! You can download the instructions etc here http://blog.stinkyinkshop.co.uk/acti...out-speed.html
                    John Sollars
                    MD at Stinkyink.Com
                    Ph 01746 781020
                    Fx 01746 781698

Comment

Originally posted by john@stinkyink. View Post
                      Hi Gavin,

Please feel free, Rob says the good thing is that if it doesn't work at least your site will continue to work! You can download the instructions etc here http://blog.stinkyinkshop.co.uk/acti...out-speed.html
                      Thanks.

Add the following lines to the <head> section of your page layout.
                      Make sure you place this above the existing actinic javascript files.
                      Where is says add the code to the <head> section of the page layout, am assuming it means the ACT_Primary.html template file?

Currently uploading live onto the site now... Shall see in next 20mins.

Will post back the results.

Comment

There's a couple of templates in V7 IIRC, you'll probably need it in all of them I suspect.

Comment

I added the two lines of code to the ACT_Primary.html file.
                          and uploaded to live site.

This checkout patch does not work with v7 of actinic unfortunately.

Where the PSP page loads up to enter the CC details, you just get a blank page.

Comment

Post #26 may be the reason, you have another template for the checkout pages IIRC.

Comment

Hi Gavin,

If you can point me to the site you are testing it on, i'll have a quick look at what needs to be changed to get it working.
                              Rob Williams
                              Ink Cartridges
                              Stinky Ink - Blog

Comment

Unfortunately because this site is live ive had to revert back to before i tested this out, (in order not to loose sales!).

not sure what is meant lee by IIRC ???

Comment

Working...
                                X